Thread: Little Two Faced Kitty

Little Two Faced Kitty

I don't know if anyone heard about this on the news but the link below came from a local paper in Pennsylvania where this little kitty was born a couple of months ago. He did not survive but his story is heartwarming. This link is as of today, 10/26, so may not be available to view after today because the paper's stories will have changed.
    http://www.phillyburbs.com/courierti...611image.shtml

I somehow missed your post until now, but clicked the link anyway and the story was still on the site. How sad and sweet. He probably had other things wrong with him that weren't obvious upon examination that prevented survival. I think it's horrible that some people wanted to PURCHASE that poor creature. !! I'm glad his "mom" said he wouldn't have been for sale.

I HATE the idea of having this precious soul put on display in a museum of medical "oddities." This tiny, dear creature was not a freak. It sounds as thought the owner truly cared about her. I hope that she reconsiders this decision and allows "Image" to rest peacefully in a beautiful spot; a spot as beautiful as she was.

I know a vet who told me she helped a momma cat in litter birth. She was having a real hard time delivering. She gave birth to a "two headed" kitten that wassill born and the mamma couldn't pass the kitten because of the large size of the head. According to this vet this happens more than we know. The rest of the litter was delivered just fine. She chose not to tell the family about the malformed kitten.

I have heard the same thing that Andi has - this happens more frequently than the general public knows, throughout the animal world. It probably doesn't happen as much in the human experience because of our relatively high miscarriage rate, but of course it still happens - those poor babies being fought over in an English court are an example.