Thread: How long does a cat have to take care after surgery?

How long does a cat have to take care after surgery?

I'm a bit worried tonight. 10 days ago, my little Luna had surgery (she had to be neutered) and seemed to recover very well.
    Today she was playing with another kitten, they jumped, ran and wrestled a lot, like they always do when they meet. But this time Luna suddenly started growling, she didn't want to be touched by anyone, not even by me. I took her home and soon she behaved normal again, but was sleeping very deep for the rest of the day. She's eating and using her toilet box as usual, but is very calm and seems to be exhausted. Do you think the scar on her belly started bleeding inside or she could have get a hernia? Her belly is soft and it doesn't seem to cause any pain when I'm touching her there. But something seems to be wrong with her.
    I have to go to the vet tomorrow anyway to remove the stiches. But I'm a bit afraid of the night. Can something happen to a cat 10 days after surgery? The vet didn't say anything about it after the surgery, but I'm afraid that Luna was too wild today...

Kirsten

Well,Kirsten, how is Luna doing now? What did the vet say? She just may have been a little stressed out...it's been four years since I had my girls done, but I think it took them awhile to really get their strength back (how old is she?). Plus, if she had been at home, perhaps she would have just gone off and slept...but since she was visiting, she couldn't and got grouchy...hope she's doing better...let us know what the Vet said.

------------------
    If a cat spoke, it would say things like, "Hey, I don't see a problem here!"

Thanks Pieper's Mom! Luna is doing much better now! I went to the vet on Monday and she said that it could be possible that she played a bit too wild and her belly was aching, but 10 days after a surgery nothing bad could happen. And Luna already felt much better the next day!
    She is still very young (5 months), too young IMO for that surgery but she already started peeing into my bed, obviously a first sign of the heat. When I spoke to the vet after the surgery, I was told that there have already been a beginning ovulation. I think she was really young, wasn't she? But now she's doing fine!

Kirsten

Well, I'm glad Luna is doing better...yes, 5 months seems a little young to be ovulating, but hey, what do I know? My two girls were fixed at about that age as well. I thought it was young, but it was recommended and they did come through fine...I suspect that because Luna is so young, she's just more playful naturally than a kitty who's a bit older...but, sounds like no harm done!

------------------
    If a cat spoke, it would say things like, "Hey, I don't see a problem here!"

Just thought I'd let you all know that Luna is doing fine! The fur on her belly is growing and is hiding the scar, and she still let me touch her belly. I know, some cats don't like that after surgery...

Kirsten