Thread: Update on the Tiels

Update on the Tiels

We're going to get them this weekend!! Probably by Sunday! OOh I can't wait We're getting the 2 tiels (don't know anything about them still) and a cage - what kind of supplies and treats should we get? Need advice from Tiel lovers

Wooo!

Oh I am so excited. Not only because you're getting tiels, but because you take the best pictures too. I know we'll get treated to some lovely pictures of your feathered babies.

Hmmm.....let's see. Besides a cage, you'll need to get them food (obviously)....mainly pellets and seeds. Also get them millet, which birds LOVE, and can also be used as a *taming/training treat*. Fresh veggies and other foods should also be a part of their diet, but I'm sure you already have that stuff in the house.

Be sure to buy them toys. I'm not sure if their cage will come with anything or not, but tiels love toys and tend to get bored without them. My birds enjoy their swing and many toys they have.

I would also recommend getting a book about cockatiels, just to get you started with all the information you need. Cockatiels for Dummies is a great book.

Do you know if your birds are already tame, or will you have to work on them?

Thanks for all that information!! That helps a lot .. I will make a trip to the pet store before this weekend and stock up =D

As far as I know, they are tame. I think they've been with the owners since day 1, so they grew up with humans.

I can't give you any advice other than what Popcornbird has already said. Everyone knows that she has the most spoiled Tiels, anywhere!!! LOL!!!!!

Can't wait to hear all about it. The only advice I might add (see, I had to come up with something) is that they will take some time to adjust to their new environment. But they will be great friends to you in time, for sure!!!!!

Good luck!!!

Logan