Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I think Hanna is sick

How's our little Hanna doing today?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Thinking of you and your baby!

Thanks for all the kind words. She hasn't improved much, but I have been giving the medicine so maybe it needs some time to work. Regardless, I'll bring her back in to the vet's tomorrow. She's still not eating and she's not herself. I thought she was doing better because I didn't see any vomit, but I came home from school tonight and found some by the litter boxes. I'm not positive it was from her, but for now I will assume that it is.

She's still pretty alert, she comes at breakfast and dinner time and acts like she wants to eat, but after I put the dishes down she walks away. She's been looking out the windows at birds and I caught her chasing a fly indoors, but not with as much enthusiasm as is normal for her.

I'm really bummed about this. I want my baby to get better. She slept with me under the covers all night last night. Usually she'll go to sleep under the covers when I go to bed, but by morning she's up and about. Last night she was there all night.

Cat’s normal temperature ranges from 100.5 to 102.5.
    Sounds like she has an upset tummy and the anti- inflammatory medication could upset her stomach even more. Ask your vet about an anti nausea shot.
    I had the same problem with one of my cats before and all tests’ came up normal.
    After getting the shot she felt better instantly and started eating again.

Get well soon, Hanna!

Thanks to BCBlondie for this great signature!

Hang in there Meowmmy and sweet Hanna. Just like with us hoomans, it can take a couple of days for the medicine to start working! Thanks for the update, will be anxiously awaiting better news for Hanna!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I'm sorry to hear that she is still feeling under the weather. I hope the meds help her soon. Like Kim said, sometimes it takes a few days to feel better. Headbumpies and purrs to speed your healing sweet Hanna!

Auggie, I'll ask the vet about that. it's not an excessive amount of vomit, just one spot, but it still has me worried.

I gave her the meds tonight and just started bawling. She hates it so much and I feel so bad forcing them into her when she isn't feeling well. I do have issues, don't I?

Boscibo, I know you’re worried! I was frantic, when she wouldn’t even eat her favorite treat. I tried force feeding her with a syringe which made her vomit.
    Like you I was bawling my eyes out. It is frustrating when the vet can’t tell you what’s wrong. I got to see another vet when I took her back the second time and she was the one who gave her the anti- nausea shot which made her feel better.
    Don’t worry too much about the vomit unless there is blood in it.
    Good luck and keep us updated!

I hope you get to feeling better, Hanna! Upset tummies upset all of those around. I can only feel for your Meowmmie. I am just the Maw Maw of Lucky but he does live with me instead of my son, and I would go CRAZY if he were to be sick like that!

We will say furry prayers for her and I just told Lucky to meow his for Hanna! Get Well Soon Hanna!

awww Poor baby Hanna PLEASE get to feeling better soon.
    (((((HUGS))))) to your Meowmie too!!! I know how awful it feels to have a sick baby - just so helpless feeling and I cry too!

She's better! I took her into the vet today, they wanted to keep her for an hour to sedate her for more in-depth palpitations, and to do another x-ray. The vet called and said the x-ray had shown some food in her stomach (maybe she ate some dry food when I wasn't looking) and they wanted to keep her a few hours to see (via x-ray) if it moved through...and it did. So I picked her up and they said they got her to eat some canned A/D, so they sent some of that home with me. I fed her tonight and she ate it all up! And they said to discontinue the meds ( ) in case it upsets her tummy.

This makes me so happy! I was so worried she had swallowed some string or something. Whew.

What a relief! (now we need pictures )

That is GREAT news!! I am so glad she is better and off meds is ALWAYS better than on meds. Keep up the good work.

Here's a couple pictures I just took:

I got her to strike a pose!

She is probably still a little grumpy because I had to leave her at the vet's today.

OMG, Hanna is gorgeous!
    I'm so glad she is feeling better and eating again.