Thread: Found a lump??

Found a lump??

We always try to make sure we check Ritzy over when we pet and play with her....today we found a soft "lump" about the size of a dime just under her rib cage on her tummy....it does not seem to bother her and she doesn't flinch or anything when we touch it. It is soft to the touch...feels kind of "squishy" in fact, like a blister almost...but under the skin.

No health changes - very playful, happy - eating, drinking, peeing, pooping all within normal parameters--no fever.....going to call the vet tomorrow and see - but knowing how Mz Ritz is at the vet, I'm sure it will mean sedation to get a thorough exam. Times like this I just wish she was better at the vets.

After reading Zippy's post about Clarice, I got a little panicky...I'm probably being paranoid, but just don't want to risk anything. Am I being a worrywart?
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

Well, yes, you're probably a worrywart. We all are. But better safe than sorry!

So poor Ritzy has to go to the white coats. Hope everything is OK. Keep us informed. And, of course, prayers for Ritzy.

Re: Found a lump??

Perhaps it's one of the fatty tumors? (lip... something. can never remember the name of them)

Best wishes to Miz Ritzi!

Re: Re: Found a lump??

Originally posted by zippy-kat
    Perhaps it's one of the fatty tumors? (lip... something. can never remember the name of them)

Best wishes to Miz Ritzi!
    Actually, I read about these on the internet and it sounds very feasible , apparently kitties hold little fat cells around their tummies (kind of like mommy cat, too(me))- there is no tenderness whatsoever, so I think that's a good sign.....Vet is not in today, given her overall health and demeanor, I'm not treating this as an emergency at least at this point.

Actually, she is due for her annual shots in about a month so I'm probably going to just keep tabs on it and hold off until the regular visit, then bring it up so I don't have to stress her "highness" out too much
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

There are many "lumps" that turn out to be nothing, but having them checked is always good for peace of mind. After all, for those lumps that do turn out to be bad, early detection is the best!