Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: rather blue tonight, but I'll get over it, random thoughts

If anyone deserves to ramble, it's you, Laurie!! Hang in there, young lady!

Ramble all you want... I'm new and I don't know you or your situation but, I can sort of piece things together and I'm sorry for whatever happened. Hope your feeling a bit better. I know thats hard, but look into the eyes of your pets like you said, they will keep you going I know mine would.

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

Your post made me cry, Laurie.

My mother in law went through the same thing, losing her husband at a young age. I know how special he was to her, just from seeing the look in her eyes when she talks about him.

You also made me stop and really think for a minute--life is not to be taken for granted!! I may be annoyed when my husband is out late with his band, or we don't see each other for a few days because our schedules conflict, but I am thankful for what I have.

I'll be thinking of you Laurie.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Sorry Laurie, you are feeling so blue. Remember you are such a special lady, and we all love you dearly. You are always so much fun!! I can see why your husband loved you so much. He was a very lucky man, and sounds like you was a lucky woman. The fact is, you were both very lucky to have found each other and experienced a relationship so special. Not many can find that kind of special love.

May you sleep well tonight, my dear and sweet friend, and have very sweet dreams.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Laurie:
    Use David's shoulder. It's a real comfort. Trust me, I know.
    Last edited by slick; 09-04-2004 at 12:26 AM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

and again I thank you, but Willie.. don't let Mario read this, you know how emotional he can get and I don't want that little dear to cry in his beer. * see, now I'm getting crazed again, help me Rhonda... help,help me Rhonda......"

Laurie:
    I'm only a plane ticket away!!!! Let's enjoy the ride!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Dear Laurie,

This is so strange because I just came home and logged on to Pet Talk.

What is strange about it is that I just saw the movie The Notebook. In it, the woman has the greatest love a woman could ever want.............but.............she cannot remember any of it.

And now I am reading your tribute to Baker...........and you do remember.........every sweet touch, caring word, special glint in his eye and the way he always knew how to handle you - deal with you on all levels. And how much he loved you.

I am glad that you can remember every last bit of your life with Baker. Yes, it causes you pain because he doesn't seem as though he is at your side............but I believe he is................he is!

Love, Gini

Laurie,

What a difficult day for you I am so glad you are here - amongst friends who care for you, and want to give you support. Thankyou for reminding me to cherish the people in my life, even if they do sometimes drive me crazy. (I REALLY needed this reminder today - so even in your grief, and even though you may not have realised, you have helped ME very much today)

Reach out to us, and to the furkids. And remember that we are here for you!

(((HUGS)))

This poem helps me - I am sure you have read it before, but I wanted to post it here.

DEATH is nothing at all.
    I have only slipped away to the next room.
    I am me and you are you, whatever we were to each
    other we are that still.

Call me by my old familiar name.
    Speak to me in the easy way, which you always used.
    Put no difference into your tone.
    Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.
    Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.

Play, smile, think of me, and pray for me.
    Let my name be ever a household word that it always was.
    Let it be spoken without effort, without the ghost of a shadow in it.
    Life means more than it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was.
    There is absolute unbroken continuity...

Why should I be out of your mind because I am out of your sight?
    I am but waiting for you, for an interval somewhere,
    very near, just around the corner.

All is well.

Henry Scott Holland 1847-1918

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Laurie, it's a beautiful tribute.

Thank you for reminding us all that life can be fleeting and we should be eternally grateful for the wonderful people in our lives.

{{{big hugs}}}
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I read your tribute to your husband earlier this evening. I was just ready to snap at Carl about something and there your thread was staring me in the face - making me realize how much I take for granted. What you wrote was beautiful and it is exactly how I would feel if something happened to Carl - could or would anyone see me, love me as he did. The sad part is Carl is living in Florida due to our job situation and I am still in Findlay Ohio. We see each other every couple of months and here I am snapping at him when he has been home less than 24 hours. Thanks for the reminder to not take my dear husband for granted. I hope you get a good night's rest - I will be thinking of you adn praying for you.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

{{{Laurie}}}}
    sweet memories are the next best thing to the real thing. hold on to him dear, you will see him again. and in the meantime, he is right there with you, through everything you do, in spirit.

Laurie my daughter sent me an e-mail to look at this thread. She was so touched by your tribute to your hubby and so am I. So many here have said what I feel, that not too many people these days can appreciate your words as so many marriages do not even last, let alone rise to the bond that you and Baker had. My dad has been gone 23 years and my mom still kisses his photo which is by her bed in the convalescent center.

It hurts especially on these special days I know, but thankfully we have our pets to cry on at these times since they, like no other human being, love us with the same unconditional love you had with Baker. Hug them now Laurie and feel free to cry on their fur. That is one of the reasons they are here, I believe, to help us humans over the rough spots and we, in return, love them back just as fiercely. Please give Badger an extra special hug from his Auntie Pam and his tiny little friend, Ripley. (((Hugs)))

Laurie, I know this is coming a little late but I read your post last night and and I didn't even know what to say...and really still don't this morning either

I'm just glad that you had such a wonderful love in your life. Not too many people these days do, but fortunately I am one of them and could not imagine my life without my husband. I don't know how many years you were married, but they must have been the most wonderful years of your life. Treasure your memories. They are the one thing you can hold on to forever.

Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I can only imagine the pain and sadness of loosing your partner and BEST friend in the world.
    Love is for enternity!
    Hugs Karen (((^..^)))

----<---<--<{(@