Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: rather blue tonight, but I'll get over it, random thoughts

Hybrid View

rather blue tonight, but I'll get over it, random thoughts

Today would have been my husbands 58th birthday
    I miss him terribly - I miss him beautifully
    I miss the way he would tell me every night, as
    we went to sleep, how much he loved me
    ..and every morning how beautiful I was.
    I mostly miss how his eyes would shine when
    he looked at me.
    I wonder, will I ever make anyone's eyes shine like that again?
    I think not, but that's OK
    I had it once
    I'm lucky to have had it at all

I think you are the only people I can tell this to. I am blessed to have you as my friends.
    Laurie

..and yes, my dogs and cats look at me with wonder and love, and that - believe me - makes me able to wake in the mornin

Oh Laurie My chest got tight and eyes welled up when I read your loving words. And I could hear the great sadness in your heart. What a wonderful man your husband was. He truly loved and cherished his beautiful lady Laurie. I can only imagine the heartbreak of such a loss How lucky you two were to have known such love and friendship. We're here for you Laurie. And yes, I have no doubt that you will one day find that special someone, in whose eyes you will see that sparkle and love. Thinking of you friend. Love Sandra{{{HUGS}}}

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

What a great relationship you had with your husband, Laurie....and what a beautiful tribute to him. My heart aches for you while I was reading that.

Thank you for the reminder to not take life for granted!

{{Hugs}} to you!

Bless your heart Laurie. I too got emotional reading your post. What a wonderful relationship you and your husband had! I can imagine that I would feel the same way you do in that case. I agree with cookiebear, that this is a great reminder for me not to take life (or the people in my life) for granted. I am really blessed with what I have, and you are too Please know that we are all here for you and it's a wonderful thing to have you all as friends! I look forward to meeting up with you again sometime Laurie! You're so much fun!

**hugs**
    Karen

Laurie, that was beautiful. Your husband was just as lucky a man, to have a sweet lady like you! What sweet memories to hold dear forever. Glad you have the pups to keep you company today...i am sure they are treating you extra sweet today, since they can sense sadness. Your husband sure did sound like one in a million, not many women these days can speak so kindly of their husbands, sadly.

(((HUGS))) to you, hope your blues fade and your happy memories remain vivid and real (((HUGS))) again

Robyn

Laurie,

Like Sandra my eyes have filled with tears. I can't even imagine this feeling that you are going through. It scares me to even think about it.

Such beautiful words you wrote. What a fantastic love you and your husband shared. Yes, you are very lucky to have found that. It sounds like you have a lot of love in your heart and therefore I believe that it is possible to make someones eyes shine for you again.

Oh geesh, I just wish I could give you a hug in person or just sit with you and hear your stories about your husband and hold your hand while you talk. My heart feels your pain this evening. I will be thinking about you lots tonite. Please pm me if you feel like talking or sharing a story. I can be a great listener

We all care, Laurie and I'm glad you wrote to let us know how you are feeling on this difficult day.

{{{HUGS}}}.......Robin

I know you must feel really sad today, missing him alot. Please, consider yourself very lucky to have had such a special love. Some of us don't even know what it's like. Remember all the special times and I'm sure he's still with you. Also remember that you will meet again.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

The two of you were very lucky to share that kind of love, Laurie. You are in my thoughts today.

Logan

If I could I would write to each one of you separately right now but it's hard to type with tears in my eyes. But these tears are not of loneliness, but of gratitude. I finally found other friends and they - YOU - are right here.
    Funny thing, each time I start crying now and blow my nose I have my babes waiting to take the snotty tissues out of my hand What is it about snotty tissues? I will sleep easily tonight and I thank you all. Val, you OK with situation with Frances? I'm worried about all my FL friends. SEE, I guess it's a matter of trying to remember the really important things.. love, friends, caring and all that good stuff. Thanks again you all. You matter dearly

We love you Laurie. Sleep well my friend; we will be here in the morning.

Signed
    Cuzin ITT
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

It's ok so far but it's not supposed to hit until late tomorrow night. I hope I don't miss another episode of Big Brother Charley made me miss that one Saturday. I'll be on here tomorrow night if it's not too bad. I'll just be glad when it's over with. I can't take the stress. Hope you do sleep well tonight.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

lbaker - Thank you for making me appreciate how lucky I am to have my Sam even when he pisses me off by working until 10.30pm on a Friday night.

I don't know if you'll find someone like your husband again, but I do know that you had someone that loved you, held you, cherished you and respected you. And you loved them with everything you had right back. That's what life's all about and you had it! You got to have that beautiful experience that so many people dream of and never get. Even if your time together was cut short, you both were blessed to have each other and he'll always live on in you.

I'm thinking of you.

Laurie, you know we love you. Hug yourself tight from all of us until we see you in person again.

Hey, I'm sure all the 4-pawed ones appreciate lotsa snotty kleenexes! It's their very weirdness that keep us going sometimes, isn't it? And you give that Badger a big ol' tummy rub for me, 'cause I know he's a sucker for 'em.

A love so grand, so great, so strong
    That it lives longer than the person who gave it
    Is a rare and precious gift

People long for it
    Write songs about it
    Advertise in desperately abbreviated need for it
    Dream of it
    And want it more than sleep, more than money.
    More than anything

How bittersweet that you have loved such a love
    And having lived on, must remember
    But remember laughter, too
    And smile in your heart
    Because you, dear one
    Loved such a love as dreamers dream of.

Re: rather blue tonight, but I'll get over it, random thoughts

Originally posted by lbaker
    Today would have been my husbands 58th birthday
    I miss him terribly - I miss him beautifully
    I miss the way he would tell me every night, as
    we went to sleep, how much he loved me
    ..and every morning how beautiful I was.
    I mostly miss how his eyes would shine when
    he looked at me.
    I wonder, will I ever make anyone's eyes shine like that again?
    I think not, but that's OK
    I had it once
    I'm lucky to have had it at all

I think you are the only people I can tell this to. I am blessed to have you as my friends.
    Laurie

..and yes, my dogs and cats look at me with wonder and love, and that - believe me - makes me able to wake in the mornin
    Laurie, if you want to talk PM me, you were there for me in the hospital, I want to be here for you now. I have a soft shoulder to cry on!

Karen, I will dream a dream that makes the morning easy if I can. Thank you my very special friend. You know, sometimes I actually hear him talking to me at night. Really, I hear his words.. sometimes it's like he's saying "oh, get over it" if something is making me crazy. (he wasn't a shy sort of guy). Thanks David, I just may do that. I feel I will be up for awhile this night. I wonder if there are any good ol' John Wayne Westerns on. Oh dear, Baker (my hubby) and I used to love to watch old John Wayne westerns. Badger sends his love Karen, to you and Paul and Pam's Charlie... and Ripley. Badger was Baker's main man you know. Oh dear, I guess I'm rambling...