Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Popeye needs your prayers.

Popeye needs your prayers.

I have a vet appointment tonight at 6:15 for Popeye.

The last few days, I have noticed that he seems to be going down hill. His appetite has diminished and all he does is sleep.
    When I would try to play with him, he wasn't interested, he just wanted to stay by me.
    Instead of gaining weight, he seems to have lost weight.
    I'm thinking the worse here, as it doesn't look good.

Please say a prayer for my little Popeye.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Prayers on the way from me for you and sweet Popeye!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh no!

Prayers on the way for sweet little Popeye. He's just got to be okay!

I'll be waiting for an update.

From Decker with Love

Oh no! He'll be in good hands at the vet! This happened to our little rescue Mason, he lost weight, wouldn't eat, was lethargic, but with medication and care he came out of it and thrived! Good luck and I see you named him Popeye! Please update when you know something.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Popeye will be in our prayers!! Hope everything goes well at the vet!!!

Oh no!!
    Hope you caught whatever it is on time and the vet can help. Prayers on the way for sweetie pie Popeye the sailor!! Kisses and hugs as well Good luck

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

Oh no, so sorry to hear that I will be praying for him..
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

Oh no Please try not to worry too much I know its easy to say and hard to do. There are a lot of sicknesses that could be getting him down right now, so don't suspect the worst. It is good to be prepared for the worst, but keep hoping for the best. My last set of foster puppies got REALLY sick and I thought they were both going to die. They were showing exact symptoms of parvo, but it turned out to just be worms. So sometimes really minor things can make them look really sick. I pray that whatever is wrong with Popeye can be fixed. (((HUGS)))
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Lorraine, Hoping and praying it's something as common as coccidea. That protozoan can make them feel really awful. Keep us posted.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Oh Lorraine, I am so sorry that Popeye is not feeling well and have prayed and will continue to pray for his health and for you my friend!! (((((((Lorraine)))))))

Prayers for Popeye! I too, hope it is something a pill or a round of meds will cure. Good luck at the vets! Give us a update asap!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

First off, I want to thank you all so very much for your prayers.

Okay, the vet said he has a slight URI. Now, he told me that it is a viral infection and because it is a virus, there are no antibiotics for it, that it just has to ride its course. Just like the first vet had told me. But, if he should develope a secondary infection, then he will need antibiotics. He was 1.2 lbs last thursday, tonight he weighed 1 lb. He has NO fever, which he said was good and gave me some ointment for his little eye. He brought out a tin of kitten food and put some down about 3 feet away from Popeye. Well, he got a whiff of that and went straight for it and started to eat. The vet said that was good because he isn't too stuffed up if he could smell it. He also said that he wasn't worried about him because he is still eating, hasn't stopped completely, his stool is good, no dirrahea and he isn't sneezing. Just to keep an eye on him.

I just hope and pray that my other cats don't get it because the vet said the virus is airborne.

The people who do rescue work, please, please give me some encouraging words, so I don't get too down about this.

Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Lorraine, Thanks for the update. No fever is good, and eating is good! Can you keep him isolated from your others in case it's contagious? Maybe in the bathroom or something? Maybe he needs a really strong smelling food to help him put on weight. And giving him some KMR to drink will give him extra nutrients he needs. Hang in there, and give the sweet baby boy a kiss for me.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Lorraine, I don't do rescue but I can tell you one thing that might help. It is always the youngest, oldest and weakest that get the sickest. Little Popeye is so small and young that he could appear very ill with the same virus that your other cats would simply be immune to. I hope you take comfort in what the vet said. The fact that Popeye is wanting to eat and has no fever is VERY good news! Being an airborne virus, it would probably be a good idea to keep Popeye away from the others for awhile and to wash your hands after handling him. Just the handwashing alone will go a long way to avoid the spread of the virus. ((((Lorraine))))

Thank you Jan and Debbie. (Thanks for the hugs Debbie, I really need them.)

From day one, Popeye has been in my room with no direct contact with the other cats. But as the vet said, just by me opening and closing the door could do it, but he was glad to know that my cats have been vaccinated.
    After I come out of the room from being with Popeye, I go straight into the bathroom, wash my hands real good, dry them and then put on some hand sanitizer that is suppose to kill 99.9% of germs.
    I also put a system in my window tonight, that has two fans in it. One fan blows in the air from outside and the other blows out the air from the room. I also sprayed the room and the house with Lysol disinfectant that kills viruses, bacteria, mold and mildew. It's suppose to kill 99.9% of germs in 10 seconds. I just wish I had thought of doing this from the beginning. I just hope that the old saying, "It's better late than never", holds true.

I forgot to mention that I also got some Nutri-Cal to give him.

Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005