Thread: Remember me??

Remember me??

I hope you all remember me. I had the little 5 week old chihuahua Bella who passed away on my birthday on Aug. 8. Well , I adopted another little pup yesterday who was scheduled to be put down today. He is 7 weeks old, he is an all black dog 1/2 lab, 1/4 chow, and 1/4 aulstralian shepherd. He is so beautiful, sweet, and calm but he is a little chunky. It isn't extremely bad but what kind of dog food can I feed him that won't put too much weight on him?

aww.. Im so sorry to hear about Bella. What happened to her? RIP Bella.

But Im glad to hear about you new addition. Im sure he'll be very happy with you.

As for the dog food... Im not sure. Ill bet alotof people on hereknow more than I do.

Carly

Jamieejo85,
    Congrats on your new addition and thank you for saving a life!!I know your new pup will spend the rest of his life trying to make it up to you (two of my pups are shelter rescues---best ever!)!!!

At seven weeks old, I wouldn't worry about his weight. It seems to me that what your seeing is probably "baby fat" and will go away on its own. You need to make sure he gets on a good puppy food. I love and recommend Nutro brand, but sometimes it can be a little pricey, my Vet says Purina One is great too, and that is less expensive.

I would see what your Vet recommends when you take your new pup in for his shots and checkup.

What's his name?????

His name is Chico. Thanks, I will have to try that dog food. I will try to post pics ASAP

Hey! Welcome back. Congrats on the new puppy!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Welcome back! I'm sorry about Bella, Chico sounds so cute! I can't wait to see pictures!
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

I think you can just feed him whatever you are now. A normal amount for puppies. Most puppies are a little chubby when they're young

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

Welcome back and congrats on your lil chico....

Welcome back I remember the heartbreak you suffered with the passing of your precious little Bella. It's so nice to have you back, under such happy circumstances Congratuations!!! Can't wait to see pics My Star was a real chubber as a pup, as most Labs are. The vet told me that's just how she should be at that age. And she's grown into a svelte and sleek little beauty She currently eats Solid Gold. But as for puppyhood, my vet strongly recommended Purina Pro Plan puppy formula, availabe at most pet specialty stores! Good luck with your pup. What's the cutie's name???

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Welcome back and congratulations on your new pup.

----<---<--<{(@

Hi from Chica

Hi,
    My name is Sherry and I have a Chi female 4 mos. old named Chica. She is brindle coloring which is rare. She weighed 2 lbs. 1 oz. at 12 weeks when I got her. Now she ways 3lbs. 2 oz. I'm sorry to her about your Chi that passed away. What happened? IF you don't mind me asking? Enjoy your new puppy. I give my puppy ROYAL CANIN. I mix it with some meat like chicken, or baby food with chicken, lamb, etc. She loves it. Her final weight should be 4-5 lbs, maybe six pounds, the breeder wasn't quite sure. I like the new pups name. Chico!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jamieejo85
    [B]His name is Chico.

Hello..your chi is sooo cute! I absolutely love the breed but its hard to think about another one when I miss my lil girl still. I am not really sure what happened. She got her shots at 6 weeks from an extremely unfriendly vet, who i think may have given her too big of a dose for her size...1 lb. Before her shots, she was eating soft puppy food, playing, and energetic. Then it went downhill. Took her to a couple different vets who did what they could but she got worse so I took her to stay at the Animal emergency center overnight and things looked alright when i picked her up on my birthday. then she just didnt wake up from her nap. after her shots, she wouldnt eat and her blood sugar level went to 25 which is EXTREMELY BAD, dogs can go into comas when it is below 90. Anyway, I know she is looking over me and is happy that I saved lil Chico from being put to sleep. BE sure to post lots of pics of Chica...SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!! PIcs of Chico and Omar coming soon...............