Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chloe got knocked out

Chloe got knocked out

Today my son was holding Chloe (3 lb chihuahua) and she jumped out of his arms and landed on her head. He's about 5'6" tall, so she fell maybe 4 feet. He picked her back up and her eyes were wide open, and she wasn't blinking. Her pupils were dilated and her back was arched back, and she wasn't moving. I thought she was dead. Then she started having a seizure. She gradually came to on the way to the vet (20 minutes away), but one side of her face wasn't working. The ear on the left side of her head was hanging limp, and she couldn't shut that eye. She looked like she'd had a stroke or something. She was just staring off into space, wide-eyed, not moving.

When the vet was examining her, she did wake up all the way and try to bite her, which was a good sign. The vet gave her an injection to take down or prevent swelling in her brain, and said she thought she'd be OK. We don't have a vet that watches animals overnight here. We've got her home now, and she was walking around and even trying to get me to pick her up. Mostly she's been sleeping, though. Poor little thing.

Right now she's sleeping next to me. Here's her picture. She's cuddling with Toby.

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

Poor Chloe!!

I hope she'll be okay. It must have been scary.

Get well soon, Chloe!

Poor girl! I hope she'll be okay.

How scary for you.
    I hope Chloe will be ok.
    Sending lots of good thoughts that she will
    just have a owie bump on her head and nothing
    more.

Poor baby! (((^..^)))

----<---<--<{(@

OMG! Poor baby. I hope everything will be ok. Keep a close eye on her (as I'm sure you're doing).

I remember once my Dad called me about 8 pm one night & said he thought he had just killed his 2 lb chi, Tammy. She had followed him out the front door as he was unloading groceries from the car. HE SLAMMED the car door as he got out the last load, and she had been trying to get in to go for a ride. He smashed her head badly, but we got her to the emergency vet quickly & they kept the swelling down and she was ok. Well, she was ok several months and a couple of thousand dollars later. She had to have some eye work, but she bounced back fast.

The point of that long story? Chihuahua's are VERY tough for being such small pups. I'll bet Chloe'll be fine in a day or two.

Aneko (RB Shih Tzu) jumped out of my arms once, too. She hit her head on the concrete with a sickening smack, but she was somehow ok, too.

Good thoughts coming for Chloe, poor baby.

Oh my gosh! Poor little Chloe!! I'm glad to hear that you were able to get her to the vet and that she's home with you. We had a little chi come into our clinic that had the same thing happen. She lept from her human's arms and hit her head. I know that with chi's, the bones of their skull aren't connected like other dogs(never knew that until my vet told me about it!), so their little heads are so much more fragile then many other dogs. I'm glad that your vet thinks she's going to be ok. Bless her little doggie heart! Let us know how she's doing.

**hugs**
    Karen

Oh No!!! Poor Chloe!!! Im glad to hear she is ok now. Poor Girl. Get well soon Chloe!

How scary!!!! I hope she feels better soon!!

Originally posted by micki76
    Aneko (RB Shih Tzu) jumped out of my arms once, too. She hit her head on the concrete with a sickening smack, but she was somehow ok, too.
    Micki! I didn't know you had a shih-tzu!

Shih-tzus seem VERY brave, Piddle once jumped out the van window when it was MOVING

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

How scary! I hope Chloe is feeling much better now. Give that sweet little thing a gentle hug from me.

Robin

Poor Chloe. I sure hope that she feels better soon. Sending good thoughts her way.
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

Oh darling ............... hugs to you. Hope you feel better soon.
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

OMG! Poor Chloe That must have been so scary! I don't pick Squid up unless I have to, because he's a wrigglebutt and I worry about something like this happening! I hope Chloe will be ok, sounds like she had a lucky escape. Good thoughts coming your way *hugs*
    Amy & the furkids

Yikes! I'm glad she's OKAY! Wow, that's such a bad scare to go through..
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Ugh, just reading about her fall made me queasy! Please keep us posted as to her progress.
    SMB ^ï^
    Bats--you need them more than you know!

Poor Chloe, hope she's doing ok!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla