Thread: Okay, Now I'm REALLY angry!!!

Okay, Now I'm REALLY angry!!!

I was so happy when I was able to install Juno again and post on PT.

Now I'm totally fed up with Juno. Why you ask??? Well, because now everytime I sign on, the little "You are logged on" box doesn't go away once I'm logged on. It is VERY annoying. It sits smack dab in the middle of my screen. I have to kind of move it around if I want to read something.

I've tried emailing Juno and they give this all this 6ullshit technical stuff. I cannot get a live person on the phone to walk me through it. If I want to talk to a live technical support person, I'm charged $1.95/minute!!! I'm read to tell them to take their internet and shove it. I know I'm only paying $14.95/month, but I think I'm entitled to a live human to help me with this problem.

Can anyone here help me get rid of this freaking box? I am at my wits end!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

oh god, not to cause more trouble but would juno be the equivelant of safari or earthlink? I am happy with both. with earthlink I have had to use the 800# and was happy with the fast service of the Malaysian gal I got both times (same woman) with Safari- no probs. I have no popups no spam...21.00/month

Well, I spent over a 1/2 hour on the phone with a technician (I agreed to pay $3.00/month for unlimited tech support). It STILL didn't work. The Juno log-in box still stays up and my browser is no where to be found.

UGH!!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Donna ~

Dit the Tech "walk you through" a series of
    "do this and tell me what you see" steps...

Or did he just give you a List of things to do after he hung
    up with you??

What did he say he "thought" your problem might be??

/s/ Phred
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

I know this doesn't address the underlying problem with Juno. But you could always consider changing ISP's. I was using Netzero for almost a year and never had any problems with it (and they charge the same thing as Juno).

Phred,

I spoke with several technicians. Each one had different things for me to try. It's still happening. The last guy I spoke to is sending me a new disk to install it all over again. In the meantime, I'll use AOL till Sept. 9th when it is to be canceled. All the technicians walked me through steps.

Emily_the_Spoiled,

Believe it or not, NetZero and Juno are the same company.

Originally posted by moosmom

... Each one had different things for me to try.

... sending me a new disk to install it all over again.
    "Each one had different things..."

Ho-Boy!

Reminds me of when I had A.O.L.

Their Help?? & Advice WAS "free" ---
    but often "worked" as well as the Help?? you're getting!

Somehow I doubt that you got a "bad disk" -
    at least that's ONE thing the AOL Guys never pulled on me!

Their favorite way to "get rid of a problem" (AND the Caller = ME)
    was to tell me to "change" some setting;
    and then say I had to "Re-Boot & TRY It" - and
    of course they'd add "Call Back if you still have a problem!"

When I'd "call back" and report the SAME thing -
    next guy would dream up another "change" to make -
    and of course say a "Re-Boot" & re-try was required!

I wised up and started calling on my cell phone -
    when the free-minutes were in effect -
    so "WE" could "hang on" while I "tested" the last guess of a solution.

If you're not *paying* for every minute you talk to them -
    I'd keep "pestering" them - and ASK to speak to a Senior Tech!
    Explain you've talked to several techs already - and aren't
    getting anywhere.

A final thought -
    Keep Track of what each guy suggests - and TELL the Next Guy
    what you've already done...
    Sometimes that helps to develop some continuity to the effort.

Don't give up!!

/s/ Phred
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Donna - ask and write down each person's name before you even tell them what the problem is. If that person isn't immediately helpful upon your explanation, ask for his/her supervisor. Ask the supervisor's name and write it down. If the supervisor isn't helpful ask for the super's super and on up the chain until someone is helpful.

Imagine that you are a starving cat and they are withholding food. Or as if you are a bulldog whose jaw has locked around their ankles.

Every time you talk to a new person, read them the list. "I talked to Phred, and he said to talk to Paul, who switched me to Karen, who said I needed to talk to YOU! Can you help me, or do you just want to transfer me to Mark Goldston?"

Who, you might ask, is that? See http://www.untd.com/about.html and http://www.irconnect.com/untd/pages/management.html

I've written down everyone's name and what they've tried. I am totally frustrated at this point and have been logging onto PT through aol until the Juno disk arrives.

The first time they sent me a disk for a MAC computer. The last tech I spoke to is sending me the proper disk. I just find it annoying that you have to PAY to talk to a live person. UGH!!!