Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what do your dogs have in their crates...

what do your dogs have in their crates...

... to sleep on??

About a month ago, we went back to crates--everyone was being left out, but there were to many accidents
    Surprisingly, they all took to the crates very well. Kito, Abbey, and Riley had been in them before, I have no idea if Jada was.

Anyway, we put their beds in their crates, because they just love their beds. Abbey goes in all the time, and loves it--the bed is a little too big, but she gets in there and rearranges herself. Jada destroyed her bed the first day she was in there (and she has NEVER destroyed anything in our house), so she got a comforter--destroyed that too. She got one more chance with a mat, but she destroyed that too. Riley recently has put a few marks in his bed too. Kito didn't have a bed for his, but he had a blankie and pillow--he pees on it every day just about, but I just wash it and put it back in. Jada gets pillows and a blankie for bedtime, but nothing during the day.

I'm looking at crate pads, and crate beds, and all of that stuff, and trying to figure out what to get for them, since the old beds are getting a little too old.

I was just looking for some input on what you all have in your dogs' crates, if anything?
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Gigi only goes to her crate at bed time and if I am leaving for a short period of time. Are you using crates at bed time???

I put a big blanket (folded in quarter) and on top I put her hot pink bed. She likes to rearrange her crate too. I think she likes her crate.

Here is a pic of what it looks like...

Hope this help.
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

Well, when I crated Shaianne and Keegan it was the same thing.
    Neither of them could keep thinks in their crate b/c they destroyed them.....
    So I ended up not putting anything in there at all. So I can't really help! B/c I was a mean mommy and didn't put anything in there with her.
    Maybe a cheap pillow from Odd Lots or the dollar store? Or a couple of old sheets?
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Re: what do your dogs have in their crates...

Rocky has a soft thick fake two sided lambwool crate pad.
    I like it because it fits in the washing machine too.
    (he doesn't chew on it.)

----<---<--<{(@

Originally posted by jenfer
    Gigi only goes to her crate at bed time and if I am leaving for a short period of time. Are you using crates at bed time???
    They are welcome to sleep wherever they want to at bedtime, however their beds are in their crates--doors stay open though. Kito is not allowed in his crate at bedtime, because he waits until late at night when we're asleep, and goes in and pees in there

I love Gigi's hot pink bed!!!!!

Originally posted by lovemyshiba
    Kito is not allowed in his crate at bedtime, because he waits until late at night when we're asleep, and goes in and pees in there
    Emily, you know Chester and Kito were seperated at birth, right? I swear, everytime you say Kito does something, I just nod my head, cause Chester has all the same bad habits!

Don't you get tired of the leg lifting? *sigh*

Anyway, they have blankets that I bought at the dollar store & Walgreen's in their crates. The big crate that's used for fosters has a red crate pad that's washable.

Toby and Squid don't have crates any more. Ollie sleeps in a crate because he occasionally has accidents at night. He has his blanket in there, and a teddy which he cuddles
    Amy & the furkids

problems with chewing

Jada's behavior sounds a lot like Priyas!
    No matter what I put in her crate, Priya shreds it up. Most recently, I had a pad in Priya's crate with the fake lambswool covering on top and Priya chewed (or rather, shredded) the entire thing up, so I haven't replaced it with anything! I feel bad that she has to lie down on her plastic crate floor, but what's the point of putting something in there that she is going to continue to shred it in a matter of days?
    I don't know what to do about this bad habit. Anything soft, she loves to shred. She'll take a soft toy over a chew toy anyday (whether I like it or not!)!
    Any suggestions on items that are comfortable that she won't be able to chew up would be greatly appreciated.

Kiara LOVES her crate.

She has a fake lamb wool pad, 2 pillows, 1 thick bed sheet and a thin bed sheet.

The this bed sheet is so she doesn't scrape against the plastic tray on the bottom. When I do put her in her crate at night (very rare) it gets soooooo annoying hear *scrape scrape scrape* since it's right besides my bed.

She normally only goes in there when we're away though.

After she gets through her puppy stages she'll have my room to herself while we're away.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Oh Micki--if only Chester and Kito could meet--wait that would probably be a bad idea, they would just teach each other bad things to do I know Kito is sneaking onto my computer when I'm not home--he must be IMing Chester for tips!!!!!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with a crate pee-er, and a shredder
    I do feel bad leaving Jada in the crate with nothing in there, but she just destroys things--I thought Abbey was my destructive doggie!! I give her pillows at bedtime, but only then. They come out first thing in the morning, or I'm sure I would find them in the yard

I went to Petco to see what they had, and our Petco stinks--I want to get Abbey something like this for her crate:
    http://www.jbpet.com/Shopping/produc...ame=CratesPads

(I'll take the dog too)

I found the lambswool pads, and I may get those, I haven't quite decided yet.
    I like these too:
    http://www.jbpet.com/Shopping/produc...ame=CratesPads

Thanks for all of the input!!!!!!

the big wire kennel has 2 old baby blankets in it, Blairs kennel has a baby blanket from his breeder in it, Happy kennel DID have a pillow in it but misty used it at the tourny, my mom fed her that morning, and as usual she threw it up(my dog can NOT eat before playing flyball, because they WILL throw it up!) all over the pillow, there was Misty huddles at the side of the kennle trying her best to stay out of it, we opend the kennle called her, she looked down and around like "uhhhhh.." then jumped out, and the pillow went staright to the garbage! it does need new bedding though, its one of the kennels with the stupid bumps on the bottom, so not very comfy on its own lol Mistys kennel at the flyball building used to have a dog bed in it, till Misty destoryed it, then it has a pillow in it... till it was destroyed... lol so now there is nothing it it. and Ripleys kennel has a great big fluffy white pillow it it! its so fluffy it looks like he is on a cloud! lol Blair sleep in his kennel sometimes, but the rest of the dogs sleep in our rooms with us Ripley and Misty on my bed, Happy at the foot of my bed in the summer and on cold winter nights she sleeps cuddled up to me. perky sleep with my mom under her covers, and Blair when with her sleep on the floor, he has so much hair that sometimes it is just to hot for him up there.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Lacey has blankets in her doggie house in her room.She chews at them occasionally. Mandy has blankets in her crate. Mandy doesn't chew her blankets and has to have two of her bunnies(stuffies) left with her, she doesn't chew them either.They only go in their room/crate when we're not home.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I did forget to add, that it's not like Jada doesn't have anything to do in the crate.
    They all get Kongs in the crate, as well as a bone or another chewie or 2.

I personally like these

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...9&N=2001+22732

I don't use them, but think they look comfy!

My dog's ONLY get Kong Like toys. NO stuffies, never ever. All stuffies aer picked up and put away before we leave the house. The dog's also get lots of fun other no destroyable toys.

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    ROFLMAO! Spencer I'll have to admit has gotten too tall for his crate, but would still sleep in it at night. But due to my rescuing non-stop of cats and kittens in need, Spencer's crate became the last space in the place! He looked really foolish coming out of it in the A.M anyway (door open all night) and he reminded me of a clown with huge shoes coming out of a tiny car! Spencer's crate contains a whole ton of monkeys! And he loves them all..though mama kitty isn't fond of him!

Poor evicted Spencer....but he knows it's for a good cause!

And he loves the babies sooo much good boy!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~