Thread: Misty FD!

Misty FD!

wel what do ya know! Misty defied ALL expectations today and took 75 points at the flyball tourny today! we all thought it would be a miracle if she went anywhere near the lanes, even though she is running amazingly slow, nobody cares because NOBODY thought she would run at all! tomorow in her first heat of the day she will be taking her second flyball title FDX. and hopefully she will get her FDCh tomorow as well but that is not to likley, then again it was not lily she would run today and look what she did! only problem is she is scared out there and cant relax enugh to take a motivator, she wont touch either of her tugs, hotdogs, kitty food, or liver, nore will she run for the ball. she is definatly not running her best, but not once did she cross over! and she is comming back to me every time for absolutly nothing but a little praise!
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Great big congradulations!!!

Congrats Misty!!

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Woohoo congratulations Misty . I hope she feels a little more relaxed tomorrow and will go for the motivator or even a little food.

Please keep us updated on how she goes tomorrow, goodluck and kick butt .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Bumping this back up again .

Shayna how did Misty go on her second day at the tourny? Check in when you can.

Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Wow, Congratulations!!!!!!

Misty ran 5 heats yesterday, and got her FDX I started retraining her tug entirley yesterday so she did take the tug this time, not for long, but long enugh, lol. her passes are getting good too, I started tightning then up yesterday and she ran a 5.1 not exactly fast lol I know she can go WAY faster then that! but she is still not racing the other dog, which is so weird, most dogs run faster at tourniments then at practices, but at practice if the other dog is even slightly ahead of her , there is no way its beating her back, but she could not have cared less about the dogs in the other lane at the tourny we are guessing that she robibly just does not realize that she CAN race the other dogs here, after all this is all new to her. she wont be running full time anytime soo though, just those 5 heats completly wore her out, so she just subs in for Rigs when he needs a break(Rigs is getting older, he cant handle so much racing by himself anymore) but Happy is going back to the EH team till next spring, then she will join storm, but its because of her toe, it needs time to completly and fully heal befre she starts jumping 14" so until then we will have a kick butt EH team! the only thing I dont like about it is I LOVE Running Happy, but I cant run 2 dogs on the same team, so someone else has to run Happy so that I can run Misty(anyone can run Happy, but Misty is different lol)
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Thats good news that Misty started to take the motivator . Hopefully in time as her confidence grows she will start to run faster at tornys and realy get back into the motivator.

As for running two dogs in one team, try running two dogs in two different teams who race one another about 3 times in one day fun stuff LOL.

Thats great Happy will run for anyone though, i am training Elvis to do that but Clover nope she has to have her Mama (Me) handle her.

We have a dog who just competed for the first time at our last comp and she runs 4.3 seconds easily at training but at the comp her best time was 4.5 seconds and her slowest time was 5.2 seconds, we were quite shocked but we are going to a comp on the 11th of September and we will have to see how she goes then.

hopefully she will run slow again as we accidently put in the wrong seed time and our dogs are out running that seed time by about 1.5 seconds and we are at the top of our Division (Div 2).

Congratulations on Misty getting FDX also

Clover has about 150 points untill her next Title which we will get at Adelaide on the 11th this will be her last Title (AFCh) as it is 3000 points untill another Title after that, she is going to retire soon (Well run in the Nana team, as an emergency and to break the green dogs in).

you guys have a title for 3000? we have titles for-25-100-500-5000-10,000-15,000-20,000-30,000 then then just little engraved plates to add onto your grand champion plaques for each 10,000 after that. Happy and Ripley each have their FM's and are a couple thousand away yet from there FMX's

we only have 2 teams and they are in differnt divisions lol but they often run back to back so once Happy is on storm and Misty is full time on EH! I will have to Run Happy, then run to the kennles put her away and grab misty and run some more lol lucky me! for the saskatoon tourny we have 2 differnt seed times for the Eh! Happy is only subbing the first day for nitro and the second day she is running full time(that is what my mom has written on an envolope anyway lol) so the second time the seed time is much faster then the first day!
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

you guys have a title for 3000?
    Nope, Clovers next one will be 2000 points and the one after that would have been 5000.

Thats a pain in the butt having to race back to back, and by the end of the day the poor handlers are exhausted. Have fun LOL. I box load for our Nana team and run Clover in Diggers and have to box load then run Clover strait after it is exhausting, but my choice i love box loading in competition.

for the saskatoon tourny we have 2 differnt seed times for the Eh! Happy is only subbing the first day for nitro and the second day she is running full time(that is what my mom has written on an envolope anyway lol) so the second time the seed time is much faster then the first day!
    That does not happen here, it is one seed time per team per comp, lucky us. That would be confusing having two dfferent seed times.

lol well we have to! with Happy on the team a seed time of 20 second seconds we would break out way to fast, partiuarly with it being Nitro, Ripley, Dyna, and Happy lol we have never actually run that combo before but basicly on a team that runs 19 seconds with Rigs(who runs high 5s, low 6's) then imagine that speed replaced with a dog who runs 4.3 seconds lol Ripley runs 5's, dyna runs high 4s and Happy runs high 3's low 4's lol that will make a kick butt team! if all teh dogs ran there fastest that would give us a time of 17 seconds! which is equal to what the storm team runs(storm is our really competitive team or our "fast" team lol)
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to: