Thread: male dog peeing on everything

male dog peeing on everything

I need help! I have 4 dogs 2 females and 2 males my one male (mukluk) also the newest member of the family pees on EVERYTHING he is very territorial he does not like my other male they fight all the time and he pees on things from dog food bowls, bag to furniture anything he comes in contact with he also poops inside too but not as much. We got him about 1 yr and a half ago. we fostered him and ended up keeping him he is almost 3 yrs(we think). We just moved to a new house and are trying EVERTHING to get this to top we keep him only in certain rooms but he can figure out how to open doors, jump gates etc please help iwth any info u might have. by th way my dogs are Siberian Huskies just thought i would let u know since they are a stubborn breed to begin with.

Thanks

THANK YOU WOLF_Q!!

DOG PEES ON EVERYTHING

I WOULD START WITH SOME OF THE URINE CLEANER FOR PETS TO GET RID OF THE SCENT & THEN SPRAY THE AREA WITH BITTER APPLE (CAREFUL ON WOOD FURNITURE AS IT COULD STAIN). IS THE DOG NEUTURED AS SOMETIMES THIS HELPS WITH TERRITORIAL MARKING? SOUNDS LIKE A DOMINANCE ISSUE THAT MAY REQUIRE SOME SPECIALIZED TRAINING. GOOD LUCK!
    dms

Good luck. If you figure out the magic solution to this problem, be SURE to let me know. I have four male dogs that mark in the house constantly ... but NEVER ONCE have I caught one of them in the act. Smart. I HATE it!!!!!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Hi!

I have a male Golden Retriever and he does not mark hos territory- yet. First off he does not pee inside the house at all (only when he was a puppy), and second he does not lift his leg yet. Getting there-but not yet. My friends have had dogs that mark their territory in the house. Our neighbours across the street have a dog that does this and close friends of ours had a dog that did this as well. Here is my best advice: first off is he neutered? This might prevent him from doing this. 2nd: This might be a stage of him growing up when he wants to mark his territory ( although how old is he). If it is a stage of him growing up, scold him when you catch him doing it and take him outside more often. Potty train him. 3d- Use some carpet cleaner, air freshener those types of products to clean it off. 4th- if this still keeps up take him to a vet, they will give you the best advice. As well maybe to help reduce pee stains feed your dog treats which are supposed to not leave spots when you're dog pees.

My dog does not do this yet, but I'm sure the time will come when he will mark his territory. Maybe not in the house- as he is well trained but outside.

Good luck with everything and keep us updated!

GoldenRetrieverLover_01 and Buddy

~ Highschool rox ur socks!! Highschool is so amazing and I love it. Hi to everyone on Pet Talk, I know I have not been on for a while, I'm just busy. All of you here that I know rock! Keep up being friendly, posting on Pet Talk and havin fun. Buddy sends kisses. ~

perhaps Glacier could help... she is our biggest resident husky mommy.... no,,, am I right???

The problem is that you can't punish the dog for this unless you actually catch him in the act. They don't make the connection otherwise.

My alpha male is a marker--he thinks the universe is his territory. When he's really acting up, I keep him on a leash right beside me at all times when he's inside. I don't care how much he marks outside!

Belly bands work too for some dogs. I've never been able to keep one on Muskwa for long though.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

is he neutered?
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Thanks for the help! Yes he is neutered and he is almost 3 yrs old...what is a belly band? i let him outside ALL THE TIME! so its for sure not that he actually has to go he just is marking territory..I bought the spray/cleaner and i have been using it...illkeep you posted

THANK YOU WOLF_Q!!

Originally posted by Twisterdog
    Good luck. If you figure out the magic solution to this problem, be SURE to let me know. I have four male dogs that mark in the house constantly ... but NEVER ONCE have I caught one of them in the act. Smart. I HATE it!!!!!
    I would love the magic solution as well, as I have a marker as well. He will only mark in the hallway downstairs, as it is the only area of the house left with carpeting on it And, he will do it while I am sitting right here!!! I can't see him, because he's downstairs, but I get up, and there's a wet spot!!!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I too would like to know about the belly band ?
    At first my 2 Harley & Keeau got along great now
    they both are very terrortial....They fight quite
    a bit lately, I have had to seperate them,
    They used to get along great ! Hmmmm