Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rescued kitty.

What a chore for you! My goodness! Are you asking for donations for spays and reminding the sometime feeders that the kittens will grow up and reproduce with each other in only a few months? (what a thought! ugh! even more litters! Best to get them before age 7 weeks if poss. is it dangerous to walk around the burnt out house and familiarize yourself with the area? To look for potential places moms would have babies and move them to?) The question to the shelter I guess is not do you all have room, but "do you all have foster homes?" Is the answer already "NO" ? and another question, ask "do you all have good trappers", ie, know how to get kittens without leaving the mom behind (be careful- a lot of trappers will get some kittens and never go back for rest or never go back for mom- that, to me, and I learned through time how hard this is on the colony, a semi-useless effort- either do it right or don't do it at all!- If one is calling themselves a rescuer trapper of a family- they should get the whole family- it might take quite a while.) Guess I am still upset that my little feral Polly got left behind by trapper supposedly rescuers. They never went back for the last kitten and mama. Jan and i happened to stumble across the kitten one day and I was terribly upset that this gal and mom had been left on their own! so sorry if I am overly worried! I worry about the ones left behind and i know I shouldn't!
    Last edited by leslie; 08-27-2004 at 08:50 PM.

He's such a cutie pie and I'm glad that everything went well at the vets.
    Lorraine, you're doing a wonderful job and hopefully you'll be able to catch some of the other kittens and mothers so they can be fixed and hopefully socialized and adopted. Good luck.

For some reason the name Stuart or Stewart pops in my head.

HI MS LORRAINE

I'M RELIEVED TO HEAR THE NEW BOY'S GOOD

I THINK YOU ACCIDENTALLY NAMED HIM WITH THE SHOEMAKER STORY!! HE'S A PREFECT SHU-MOCKER (SHOEMAKER W/ A TWIST!)
    CONGRATS!!
    GREAT LUCK CATCHING MORE!!
    DON'T PAY ATTENTION (MUCH) TO HUBBY GROWLS!! THEY TEND TO FADE...
    KITTY FRIEND
    TAKE CARE, GOD BLESS
    MULTICATMOM

Thankyou for rescuing him - he is adorable!! Have you decided on a name yet?

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Glad he's healthy!!! I can't believe I missed this thread earlier!!

I can't believe I almost missed this thread, and such a great story. I'm so glad that you decided NOT to put this little guy down once you got him in your arms!!! He must have known that you'd take care of him. I hope and pray that you can find & rescue the others before it's too late.

BTW, he's ADORABLE!!! So precious!!! Hope you can post more pics later??!!??!!
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

i think Stuart is perect! He does look like a Stuart! It's an intelligent name! He was a very smart boy to warm up to you! he got his life saved!