Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rescued kitty.

Rescued kitty.

For the past few weeks, I have been feeding some adult cats and kittens who have taken up home in a burnt out triplex just down the street from me. My main concern are the kitties who are about 8-10 weeks. There are 5 all together.
    When I went last night, there was only 1 kitten in sight. I had seen this one for the first time last week and hadn't seen him since. I was surprised at how close I was able to get to him, because usually the kittens would bolt when I came into the yard. So I put some food on a spoon and put it towards him and he started to eat it. Then I took some more and put it on a piece of wood for him as I went to feed the adults. Next thing I know as I was bending down, the kitty came in between my legs. I started to pet it and then picked it up. I was surprised at how tame he was. Well that did it for me. There was no way I was going to be able to put him back down and walk away. So he came home with me and straight into a flea bath. He was so infested that I cried. He also has a little eye infection.
    I have a vet appointment tonight at 6:45 with him, I will let you know how it went.
    Without further ado, here is the little guy. These were taken with my sons cell phone camera, so they aren't that good, but good enough.

Posting pictures in next post.
    Last edited by rg_girlca; 08-26-2004 at 09:52 PM.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I can hold him like this and he will fall asleep purring his little head off.

Sorry this one is blurry, but I wanted to show you the top side of him. Look at his ears. Sooooo cute.

Look at that sweet little face.

There is another baby identical to this one with a terrible abscess on the side of his face that I am trying to get. But he really takes off when I come. Unfortunately I haven't seen him for the past 2 days.
    Please keep him in your prayers that I am able to get him the care that he so desperately needs.

Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005

Oh Lorraine he is adorable. You know me and my thing for gray and white kitties.

He looks like such a sweetheart. I hope all goes well at the vet tonight and I wish you luck catching the other one - prayers on the way.

So do you plan to add to your crew or find this little guy a home?

From Decker with Love

I wish you luck at the vet he is sooo sweet.. have you named him yet? I hope you find the other one... he looks like he will be a handsome boy... Is he friendly yet?
    Good luck

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

Oh Lorraine, he is ADORABLE!!! What a sweet and trusting little boy he is. You can tell that he is so appreciative for your loving care! Great job, and I am looking forward to the update~!

Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Thank you Jazzcat, Jods and Kim.

Jazzcat, as of now, I just want to get him back to good health then I will decide what I am going to do with this little fella.
    Right now, hubby is not too happy with me, but he did go into the room today to go and see him, soooooo, we shall see.

Jods, he is, which to my surprise, very friendly. Last week, he bolted when I came close to him, but last night I was able to pick him up and pet him without any fuss from him.

Thanks Kim, I will let you all know when I get back from the vets, how it went.

OKAY, I need a name for this guy people. Any suggestions????

Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005

He is an absolute heartbreaker! Sooo handsome and sweet. Just look at that trusting little face!

OH Lorainne! Thank you so much for caring for all those cats. You are an angel for sure! THANK YOU THANK YOU for taking the little guy home at the risk of making your hubby mad I think most husbands have to complain, but inside they are big softies!

What street is the triplex on where you found him? Maybe we could get a cute name out of the street name or something.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

What a sweetie! *melts* Thanks for rescuing this little guy!
    I pray that you can catch his littermates soon. I will send you lots of good vibes!
    Keep us updated!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Lorraine, He's gorgeous! He looks like he's much happier with the fleas gone, and once his eye infection's cleared up, then throw hubby out, and keep him! Just kidding! The name "Cody" jumped into my head for some reason. Hope his appointment goes well, and he gets a clean bill of health. Good job...soon you'll be addicted to rescue...soon you'll be addicted to rescue
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

NORTH??

HEY, UPON LOKKING, I CAN'T HELP BUT NOTICE HIS BIRTHMARK... THAT GREY CHEST HAIR IS IN THE EXACT SHAPE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE!! I LIVED THERE 3.5 YEARS & MY SISTER STILL DOES IN A TOWN CALLED MILFORD... MAYBE HIS NAME COULD BE YANKEE?? I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU WEST COAST PEOPLE FEEL ABOUT YANKS!! I WAS BORN IN BAMA, MOVED TO TEXAS-BACK TO BAMA-OFF TO NEW ENGLAND...NOW MID-TN.
    PLEASE FILL US IN ON THE VET TRIP. GOOD LUCK & MANY PRAYES!!
    KITTY FRIEND
    TAKE CARE, GOD BLESS
    MULTICATMOM

What a CUTIE!! I see why you could not walk away from that one... he is adorable!! Wish you TONS of luck catching the other one, I hope that little guy is alright and you are able to catch him.. Good luck at the white coats little fella!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Waiting patiently for some news, Lorraine!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Impatiently tapping my foot here waiting for news! P.S Thanks Deb (sirrahbed) for finally sharing your secret stash!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Bless your heart for looking after these little ones.

This is the most precious thing ever!! Any cat that you can hold like this is definitely a keeper! *hint, hint*

Do let us know what happens at the white coats!