Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Aly and I are open for suggestions

does someone from PT live close to you aly? maybe they can come with you and you could take turns driving so you didn't have to do the whole 18 hours

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

You are obviously both welcome to stay with us in Greenville, too, although, Guster Girl, I know you want to be with your family in Columbia. We are only about 100 miles from Columbia.

Bennie needs Aly, for sure, and I'll do whatever to make that happen.

Logan

Just out of curiousity, Logan, if in the unfortunate event that Aly cannot get Bennie to Texas, do you know what you're going to do with him?

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Originally posted by Logan
    You are obviously both welcome to stay with us in Greenville, too, although, Guster Girl, I know you want to be with your family in Columbia. We are only about 100 miles from Columbia.

Bennie needs Aly, for sure, and I'll do whatever to make that happen.

Logan
    It could be simply us driving to one of the places (greenville or columbia, whichever is first!), one of us being dropped off and the other continuing to go to the other place. Then, the person with the car going to get the other person and both driving back to Texas.....just brainstorming here. The only problem might be that I may have to take Finn with me. He's fine in the car, but, I don't know (depending on the size of the vehicle) if that would be cool with you and Aly. Having Finn and Bennie both in there. Like I said, I'm just thinking of stuff....

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

Let's see.. Val (DukeDogsMom) is going to Ohio REAL SOON, maybe this weekend... so maybe.. not really on the way but could be close enough.. to meet part way? Well, she will have Duke and is picking up a kitten so THAT might be a bit awkward BUT.. Not sure of the route she's taking, oh dang.. just trying out errant thoughts. I want Aly and Bennie to be as one. Geez, wish I could help.

well, i live only about three hours from aly, and, i want to go to south carolina, so, hopefully, we can work this out.

Thanks, Dogz!

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

Kay, Bennie will stay here if Aly doesn't get him, unless I find another person that I trust enough to let him go. I really need to separate Roger and Milly, and with only two cages and no more space for a 3rd one, it is hard. I think Bennie needs to be an only bird with lots of attention. His parents are not very nice to him.

I would worry about Bennie riding that far with a dog in the car, folks, even with him in a cage, but it is not impossible. My dogs never get anywhere near him.

I'll keep watching this post, but it might be tomorrow before I'm back.

Logan

well, if aly lets me know if i'm a travel option for her, i'll see if i can get someone to watch my dog. i don't think anyone will, though. he's well behaved, just big.

Thanks, Dogz!

Hey, Aly! Wanna let me know if you need my help or not?

Thanks, Dogz!

Any updates?

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

I'm thinking that if Aly was going to respond, she would have done it by now. I have not heard from her, and I understand she has been sick, but I assume that those of you who have sent me a PM have also sent her one? Bennie is right here, doing just fine and I'm glad for him to go to Aly if she can work it out.

Logan

Sorry guys, I didn't see the updates to this thread since the last post I made. The only PMs I received about it were from Freckles and she helped me bounce around a few ideas.

You're right Logan, I haven't been feeling well at all so that is why I missed this thread. I still check PT, but don't remember to check everywhere all the time so I guess it got bumped down to where I couldn't see it

It seems like every plan I come up with has some sort of flaw. It basically comes down to the fact that I want him to be as comfortable, happy, and SAFE as possible during the trip. I've been doing tons of research and reading up on travelling with birds to try to find the best way to plan this. I guess it looked to some people that I wasn't trying, but I really have been trying hard.

I just read in someone's journal though that they are possibly getting Bennie so I guess I am too late. I really did want him and I was really trying hard. I feel pretty heartbroken about the whole thing right now I've always just wanted what was best for him.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Hey, Aly. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. I've sent you a ton of pms about my wanting to help you, that stinks that you didn't get any of them. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks, Dogz!