Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My life is just so awful right now!

My life is just so awful right now!

I just need to rant. A little support wouldn't hurt either. This is just awful. Awful, awful, awful.

There's soooo much going on, and I'm so stressed that I am not capable of dealing with any of it!

First of all, my husband left for Iraq yesterday. He's going to be gone for a year - and he went voluntarily. I'm way out here in the boondocks, all alone with 2 kids and 4 dogs. The nearest paved road is 1.4 miles from here, and it's a county road. They highway is about 6 miles away but it takes half an hour to get to a grocery store. It's what I always wanted, but it's hard right now because we're not even moved in yet and there's nobody I can call for help or anything.

My husband got all the heavy stuff moved but I have tons of stuff out in the garage that has to be put away, and I just can't find anything! My dryer broke.

The old house still needs to be fixed up to sell.

And these dogs. Good grief. I have my mom's 2 chihuahuas because she's very ill. I had them completely housebroken, but they just decided not to be housebroken anymore and they're having accidents everywhere.

I have my stepdaughter's dog because she's in Mexico on her delayed honeymoon.

And of course I have Max.

No matter what I do I can NOT keep these dogs contained. I do everything in my power to keep them from running off, but then somebody always goes and screws it up!!! My daughter brought her friends over and one of them accidentally let them loose, and my son accidentally let them loose. It seems the dogs conspire to find ways to distract people so they can get loose.

I keep telling the kids that one of the dogs has to be restrained at all times. If only one of them is loose, they stay right in the yard but if they both get loose, they run off and stay gone for hours.

I had to take both dogs to the emergency vet in the middle of the night to have porcupine quills removed. Max was extremely difficult for them to sedate, and it took forever. I left at like midnight and got home at 5:00 am and only got to sleep for like 2-3 hours. Then not even 24 hours later the dogs were loose again. I'm praying we don't have another double midnight vet visit.

The vet is an hour from here. She missed a quill in Max's chin. Thank God my son and I were able to bribe him with treats and I got it out. It was in very deep and it took a lot of muscle to get it out.

And Kamble (Betsy's dog) barks nonstop. He's a really sweet dog but good grief. I'm sooooooooo stressed out right now!! I even considered bringing him somewhere to board him, but he doesn't have his borditella vaccine and I've spent enough on him at the vet.

Just give me some soft shoulders OK? I'm too upset to even cry. This is just too much right now.

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

Wow. I'm so sorry things are so crappy for you at the moment. You must feel like your husband abandoned you right when you needed him the most, but please try and realize he's trying to make a difference and do what he thinks is right.

You all are trying to get used to a new situation and while it's hard on you, it must be even more difficult for your pups because they don't understand why things are different. I know you'll stay the course and you'll all settle into your new life and new routine soon enough.

Just remember... this, too, shall pass. I promise things'll get better. If you ever need to vent or cry or shout or whatever, I'm just a PM away.

All that and you're even in a new home that probably doesn't even feel like home yet. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all this alone, too.

At least one day you can look back and hopefully laugh at some of the "adventures" of late.

I hope your husband will stay safe. Is he military or over for a civilian job?

"First of all, my husband left for Iraq yesterday."

First:

Stay Safe, Hubby!

Second:

I assume Hubby is in the Military??

CALL his Unit's Headquarters - ask to talk to the Chaplain or
    someone who "Assists" spouses...

Almost ALL Units have a group of Willing Volunteers who
    can and do Help Out in situations like yours.

You're NOT alone - you just have to ask around to find some help.

/s/ Phred ..
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

When it rains it pours!
    Sometimes I do not understand why does
    life have so many up's and down.
    (up's are ok, but a little less of the downs would be
    so nice.)

May you husband and your family always be safe.

(((HUGS)))

----<---<--<{(@

stacwase, I was just wondering about you today, haven't seen you on here. Yes sometimes everything seems wrong with your world,I'm in the same boat myself right now, that's why I've been on here all evening to forget about things.Sometimes it seems like things will never get better but they will. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope that little by little your life turns around.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Oh MY! If it was not real and happening to you, it would almost be laughable to have so much going wrong!!

Is hubby military? If so, I have certainly been down THAT road for 27 years and wish I could offer a real live shoulder for you, some hot cocoa, listening ear and a nice soft shoulder to cry on!!

Things WILL get better. They always do. It does not seem like it at the time though

Please post again and tell us how things are going. When you read this in a few months, you will likely get a chuckle at all the things happening! You DO have a tremendous amount of things to handle but you CAN do it. Take care!! ((((HUGS))))

I am so sorry to hear that things are hectic for you! I felt overwhelmed just reading about it. Just know that things will settle down soon. I will pray for your husband's safe return from Iraq and for your peace of mind. ((((hugs))))))

Thank you Wolfie!

You know if I could, I would jump on the first plane out there and give you hand. I can't even imagine how isolated you must feel right now, but thank God for the internet and Pet Talk. We are here to listen 24/7.

Phred is right, you really need to make some calls and don't be afraid to ask for some help.

Deb is right too, when you think about it, there's no where to go from here but UP.

Sending big {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you and a soft shoulder to cry on when you need it.

Remember, we are never given more than we can handle.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

As you can tell, Stacy, we're all here for you. What a burden you are carrying right now, but you're a strong woman and you will get through this!!!! Hang in there and lean on us if we can give you moral support, at least.

Logan

What a stressful time for you to be managing all those things at once.

Seek the help you can get from the military and try to see things improving bit by bit each day. The dogs will start to settle, you'll hopefully get into a new routine without your husband and the house will be lived-in eventually. It's so stressful when it's all out of place, though.

{{{hugs}}}
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

good god! Too much! I agree with everyone, it will someday be calm again, use the military services for support (thats what they are there for) but one last thing, Max is awful cute and I'll bet he had lots of fun getting those painful quills stuck in him and then pulled out again! What a great place for dogs! My mom had a farm in Cadilac MI for a few years- wondering where you are?

I'm with Slick, I wish I could come help and give you a big hug.

I'll be thinking of you and hoping things get a little better soon.

Take care...
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I'm sorry things are so rough for you at the moment. I pray that your hubby is safe, and that things get a bit easier on the home front too.

(((HUGS))) to you

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Stacy, I am so sorry to hear how bad things are. I thought they were looking up for you. I can't believe your husband voluntarily left. I do not blame you at all for being upset over that. You've got enough to deal with without that. Do you have any neighbors at all that you can talk to for help? What about some other mothers at your kids' school? If you want to pm me with your phone number, I would be more than happy to call you and try to cheer you up. Hope things get better.