Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Disgusting or Not Disgusting?

Disgusting or Not Disgusting?

Do you let your cats eat off the dishes you do? Ok, I confess...we let ours lap up the juices, small drops of milk, etc. and I was told we were disgusting for doing this! We were told they would never let an animal eat off of human dishes!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I know a lot of people here do let their pets eat off their plates, but I am not one of them, even though I have a dishwasher which does steralise them, It's just not my thing, A definite NO in my household.

I would just like to add, what anyone else does in their household is their business, and I would never tell someone they are disgusting, for doing so,its just not my preference thats all.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I'm so disgusting. lol. My pets always eat off of my dishes. When I have leftovers, if they are safe, I throw them on a plate and put the plate outside for the dogs. I am very surprised that my husband has never complained about it!

BTW, the other day, we got pizza, and I left it on the kitchen table. Well, like three times, I walked by and noticed the lid open and pepperoni scattered on the floor. I guess I was to tired to really think; each time, I'd pick up the pepperoni and close the lid. Well, then hubby got home from work and came into bed...and it dawned on me...it was Ron that kept getting into the pizza. So I told hubby "Don't eat the pepperoni pizza, Ron was in the box." Mike goes "That's what I just ate." haha

Thank you Wolfie!

Treat

I am one who lets our cats eat off our dishes. I have no problem with doing this..nor do I get disgusted by it. Thor laps up the milk left over from my cherrios in the morning When my husband and I give them wet cat food for a treat, we put it on small plates.

They are my babies and eating from the same dish after washing it, is fine with me...I wouldn't care if someone called me gross for doing it...they don't have too do it themselves.
    Thor, Belle & Scout's Mom

My cats don't get people food very often at all and they certainly don't get any leftovers. There has been a few times that I will let Speckles stick her nose in my glass of milk and lap up a few drops. Then there was the time that Max dove into my mashed squash. Oh yes, and the time that Speckles stole a pork chop bone off my plate and hid behind the Christmas tree with it.

It wouldn't bother me if they licked my plate. I guess that makes me disgusting too. Besides, I put a bit of bleach in my dishwasher with every load.

And what about all those parents out there that lick the spoon your child just licked??? Or the husband and wife that share the same toothbrush.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Re: Treat

Originally posted by Mandy-Lee
    Thor laps up the milk left over from my cherrios in the morning
    Bella and Ripley lap up the milk from my Raisin Bran! LOL! I used to let the cats lick off our plates occasionally but since Trevor developed diabetes I can't have him doing that and I don't let Andy because Trevor might feel I'm playing favorites since he doesn't understand his condition! That's what dishwashers are for.

Well I guess I am disgusting No I am even worse because not only do I let them eat from our dishes, I share my food and keep on eating. THIS grosses my hubby out though. He will give up his cereal when he is finished but won't let them have any while he is eating. I don't care. I let them taste my ice cream cone too. So there!

When we finish eating, we put the dishes in the sink. Sometimes Naughty Lali will jump up on the counter and start licking some of the dishes in the sink!!

We don't usually let our animals eat stuff off our plates...
    Sometimes if we have some leftover though, we'll give a little piece to the cats or dogs. It depends..

Originally posted by sirrahbed
    Well I guess I am disgusting No I am even worse because not only do I let them eat from our dishes, I share my food and keep on eating. THIS grosses my hubby out though. He will give up his cereal when he is finished but won't let them have any while he is eating. I don't care. I let them taste my ice cream cone too. So there!
    I love it!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

One day when the minister was at the home of a lady parishner for dinner he noticed that the plates were not really all that clean. he felt badly having to mention this fact, but thought he did it in kindness. The lady said, "I got the dishes as clean as soap and water can get them!". Feeling somewhat embarrassed, he finished his meal and then offered to help with the clean up. The lady said "No bother." and then went to the back door, opened it and yelled for her dogs........"HERE SOAP.......HERE WATER!"

I know that some people do not like this practice. I do it and see nothing wrong with it.

Originally posted by sirrahbed
    I let them taste my ice cream cone too. So there!
    THAT'S HILARIOUS! LOL
    I WOULDN'T DO THAT MYSELF,BUT THAT'S COOL THAT YOU DO

Originally posted by jenluckenbach
    One day when the minister was at the home of a lady parishner for dinner he noticed that the plates were not really all that clean. he felt badly having to mention this fact, but thought he did it in kindness. The lady said, "I got the dishes as clean as soap and water can get them!". Feeling somewhat embarrassed, he finished his meal and then offered to help with the clean up. The lady said "No bother." and then went to the back door, opened it and yelled for her dogs........"HERE SOAP.......HERE WATER!"

I know that some people do not like this practice. I do it and see nothing wrong with it.
    This is very funny as well! VERY! LOL...good one!

This is hilarous! I needed these laughs this evening!

I don't have a cat, but when I give my birds cereal on top of their cage, it is usually in one of our plates. What are dishwashers for? But if I'm eating, and the tiels want to eat out of my plate while I'm eating from it, I don't let them. Everyone who comes to our house has seen those CorningWare plates that we use on top of the birds' cage, with the birds sitting IN it, eating cereal, and no one has ever commented on it. I'm surprised that even the non-animal people had nothing to say about it. Maybe they didn't notice, or maybe they thought we just have that one special plate for them. We don't. I just take any random plate out of the dishwasher while unloading it, and give them their cornflakes in it.

ROTFLMAO!

I have to clarify myself, I don't actually share my plate with my pets, I let them have it after I'm finished.

Thank you Wolfie!