Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golden retriever

Originally posted by Toller 42
    I also don't understand why so many people have Labradors and Goldens? I had a Chocolate Labrador a while ago and I didn't think he made a better dog than my Rottweiler or my Dal. I doggy-sat a Golden once and she wasn't any better than other breeds I've been around. I DO really like both breeds though, I just don't understand why they are so popular I'm sorry if I offended anyone, I truly didn't mean too but I just don't understand.
    Too many people Goldens and Labs, are a very good breed for many reasons. Probably the most common ones are they are some of the best dogs with kids, very smart and easy to train as well as very loyal and a great companion. Everyone thinks, or at least most people that they are the perfect breed as a "family dog" and not to offend anyone but it's true. Plus, to you, Goldens and Labs are probably not your favourite breed, the dog you have is. So when you dog-sit a Golden you don't see it better than any other dog as you probably love your dog and think the most of it, not of other dogs and breeds. Does that make sense a little more? If you still have questions or comments keep posting and I'll reply. One more thing is a lot of people love Goldens and Labs like you probably love your dog, you can't change that to them that's the best type of dog like you probably think yours is the best type.

~ Highschool rox ur socks!! Highschool is so amazing and I love it. Hi to everyone on Pet Talk, I know I have not been on for a while, I'm just busy. All of you here that I know rock! Keep up being friendly, posting on Pet Talk and havin fun. Buddy sends kisses. ~

I've known more people aggressive goldens than people aggressive mals. How does that make them good family dogs?
    There are so many bybs out there because these dogs are so popular.
    I, too, can't understand it.
    Uneducated people looking for a good family pet might get their dogs from a byb. They also don't realize that labs' puppyhood lasts like 3 years.

:| i don't know what this is turning into but here's Mackenzie anyway

Everybody's dogs are beautiful

Originally posted by Iilo
    I've known more people aggressive goldens than people aggressive mals. How does that make them good family dogs?
    There are so many bybs out there because these dogs are so popular.
    I, too, can't understand it.
    Uneducated people looking for a good family pet might get their dogs from a byb. They also don't realize that labs' puppyhood lasts like 3 years.
    I never said all Goldens are good family dogs. Most of them are, like I siad before every Golden is it's individual and has it's own way of life etc. Plus, people love Goldens and Labs for who they are,it doesn't matter how much puppyhood is. You love the dog for who they are- every dog, not just Goldens and Labs. Besides people, this is turning into some thing against Goldens and Labs, that was not the point. If you want to complain start your own thread. This thread is to post pics and for me to compliment or to say positive things about Goldens. Please respect that! I like all kinds of dogs, just Goldens are my favourite that's why I started this thread. Start your own thread if you have questions about how popular they are etc.

~ Highschool rox ur socks!! Highschool is so amazing and I love it. Hi to everyone on Pet Talk, I know I have not been on for a while, I'm just busy. All of you here that I know rock! Keep up being friendly, posting on Pet Talk and havin fun. Buddy sends kisses. ~

Flamepony_12- don't worry this thread just turned into something like "why are Goldens so popular?" That's why I told the people who are complaining or have questions to start their own thread. This is for showing pics of Goldens and ocming to say positive things about Goldens.

Your Golden Retriever Mackenzie is beautiful, truly gorgeous. How old is he/she? Has a cute face and looks so adorable in the sunglasses- like a cool dude! Keep posting pics, because he/she is wonderful! Buddy says hi.

I hope you guys aren't arguing about family dogs.. I dunno I think it depends on the dog not the breed, i have a golden retreiver anyways here he is his name is Gomer
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

I hope know one turns this thread into an arguement over a question I was curious about. Great pictures everyone! Thanks for posting them

Hey Jods!

Your Golden is truly beautful. A gorgeous coat, and ooh....I love that face of his! Keep posting pics of him.

I love Golden Retrievers, they are the best dogs ever! How affecionate they are!
    I have a three year old named Molly

Amanda

I love goldens. I dont know what i would do with out EMma!

Awww...I'm sure you're goldens are the most special thing to you guys and that they are loved very much. I'm glad this thread is turning into something good again...post some pics of you're Goldens- I'd loved to see them!