Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Haven't recieved your Gift Swap? Post HERE!

Unfortunately I was told you can't force someone to send.....what a bummer! I will still sign up for gift swaps though.....I love to give people things! Just beware of who gets you that's all.

You're making me feel horrible for this.

It's not my fault. I've tried my hardest and I will continue to do so.
    It's the truth.. I can't force people to send them, the most I can do is remind them. I am incapable of driving to everyone's homes and personally delivering their packages.

I guess I just won't organize them anymore if i'm going to be blamed for others.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Kay, I wasn't even part of the gift Swap but from the threads you've posted about it I think you're doing an excellent job of trying to keep things organized Please don't feel bad about anything. It's not your fault that someone didn't receive their gifts.
    i don't think anyone was blaming you personally Kay

I'm not trying to blame YOU......I know it's not your fault!
    I'm just venting I guess.
    Everyone else got there presents & were so excited & happy about them! I don't blame them.....I'd be happy too! I was happy when Lori got her stuff that I gave her & showed off her pictures & enjoyed her stuff!
    I just feel left out.....that's all HONEST!!!!!
    Sorry if I made you feel that way.......I've had tremendous amounts of stress put on me lately & I guess I just don't think about things before I say them sometimes!

Take a breath Kay, Noone is blaming you for anything.
    We as people realize that you yourself can't control anyone and make them do anything they don't want to do. Its human nature to do whatever they want. While it totally sucks for Teenster and anyone else who doesn't get a package. You did the best you could, trying to get people to send. You put numerous posts in the main threads, and you pm'ed people. That is all you can do. Noone is asking you to drive to people's houses, that's silly.
    My only thought is, if the person who didn't send, signs up for the next one, nip it in the bud asap.
    I feel so bad for those who don't receive gifts. It would never cross my mind if I signed up for something to not send, but that's just me.
    Course it could also be the post office - There were 3 Christmas cards I never got either.....
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Personally, I think people should be called out on it publicly if they can't provide proof that they actually sent the package. I think we should all know who is capable of screwing a friend.

I know there are always circumstances that come up, but an explaination to your person and to the coordinators of the swap should be made and some sort of arrangement made.

I think it's a huge responsibility and I just don't think everyone is capable of handling it.

You know, I'm sure there are still people out there who haven't gotten their box yet. I'm one of them. But I'm not ranting and raving and such. I know things come up, and things happen, and lord knows I have tons of animals, so it could be hard for someone to afford to get everything at one time. I know it'll get here eventually. I just wish I could remember if I gave Kay my PO Box addy or my home addy. LoL It would help when I check mail! hehehe

I don't think it's fair to blame anyone, or to call anyone out publicly. That's just mean. Unfortunately, life is hardly ever on track, lord knows mine never is.

Anyway, whoever has my name, i know my box will get here... unless it got lost, which i know happens... **knocks wood** I'll keep on keeping an eye out, but I know no one would purposefully NOT send out their box, just to be vindictive. If someone has not, or could not, send I'm sure there is a very good reason.

Kay has done a great job organising this whole thing, since it's a lot to take care of. Amy (WolfQ) too. Well done y'all!
    Last edited by heinz57_79; 09-02-2004 at 02:34 PM.
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

Heinz - I think the reason why its a touchy subject b/c two swaps ago - or 3 two people never received their packages at all. The one I think was lost in the mail and the other one - the person has since left PT I think- just ignored all emails etc and just never sent the package. I think it was a young person - very young- so I wonder if they had parental consent??
    But I have faith this time!!! Everyone will receive - or else!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Originally posted by heinz57_79
    but I know no one would purposefully NOT send out their box, just to be vindictive.
    I think at every swap there's been someone who just didn't send. The last one I think there were two people (could've just been one) who NEVER sent. I understand delays, like I said things happen, but to just not send at all is crappy.

Staci - I got all but one Xmas card.

I was asked nicely not to talk about this subject anymore.
    I will respect that however, I just want to comment that I am not setting out to hurt anyone's feelings. I have been told there are a couple people left to receive.
    I can't say who it is who has me & she told me herself but, I just was trying to get my point across how hurtful it is not to receive anything. How would you feel??? I put a lot of effort & money into the person I gave to. I know that's not the point but, when you sign up for something, then you're commiting to that person to pull through......whether you have the money or not. The person/s should have thought about that 1st before signing up. The people who organized this stated that in the "gift swap thread"! From what I have read in other threads.....it seems to me like the person is just making excuses not to send, if that is the case....tell me the truth instead of saying it's on it's way, etc.
    EVERYONE here has a voice...the right to their own opinions, people can disagree, etc. I thought this was a place where you can talk, vent, argue, tell us what a great day you've had, etc.
    All I wanted to do was tell the person ( I haven't said any names) how I felt, instead I'm being judged by others on how or how not I SHOULD FEEL.
    And YES, I have gotten an e-mail from someone that said there have been people in the past that have gotten nothing! In that situation others felt bad for the person/s & bought items themselves out of the kindness of their hearts!

Kay, you did a wonderful job organizing the gift swap! You're right, there's nothing more you can do besides remind them that they should send.

I didn't get my package either yet. It didn't occur to me that I might never get it though - really some people never got them in the past? I'll get mine though! ... I hope. ^_^

oh, and I have a question. would you tell us if, say, our swapper sent it a while ago. that probably means it was lost in the mail.

1 girl, 1 pup, 2 guinea piggies, 1 bunny & 1 turtle!

Okay, I have to add my two cents here. First off I think Kay did a good job organizing this and I do not see anyone blaming you Kay.

Secondly I don't think Teenster3 is ranting and raving about this. From what I understand her person has been in contact with her and appears to be full of excuses. Whether they are true or not it has turned a bit ugly. I don't blame her for being upset and extremely disappointed. I know I would be if it happened to me.

As for those who haven't sent anything yet, there was dollar amount and a deadline you agreed to, you had two months to get it done and if you had problems arise you should have contacted the organizer (Kay) by the deadline.

I have to add my final comments on this. I think shais_mom is on to something about youth and parental consent. I think for future gift swaps there should be an age limit, although hard to impose, so that we don't run into a situation where an underage person signs up without the permission or funds to participate. It's not fair.

From Decker with Love

I'm not sure about the age limit but I think it's a good idea and will be kept in mind for future swaps. Also there may be a requirement that you have to have been a member for a certain amount of time to participate. We had a member that we had to oust out of it earlier, luckily the problem was able to be corrected before any packages had been sent.

People have been banned from future swaps. We can only take the problems as they come.

I hope people do understand that is a big job to organize this, and it's hard sometimes when we feel like *we* have received the blame for others wrong doings. We can contact them, that is about it...we can't go over and make them send the package. We can stop people who have had problems in the past from participating again, but you can't stop the problem before it has happened.

Unfortunately Kay is not here right now and I can't find the list of who was sending to who. I'll do what I can to help though. Who still hasn't recieved?

I DO NOT BLAME EITHER OF YOU ............... but think it is pretty sad for those people who agreed to participate, and are now full of excuses.

For those of you who were a little "late" in posting ...... at least you bought and sent it .......... .

For those of you who have not yet got your Gift Swap, I keep my fingers crossed that the mailman just has not delivered it yet.

I think it is a great way to share our love of pets, and also appreciate the people who are owned by them .......
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Originally posted by wolf_Q
    Who still hasn't recieved?
    We have not. I got a PM from our person on the 19th apoligizng and saying she would do the shopping and get it mailed. I have not heard anything since, but I understand stuff comes up and I am still hopeful will we will receive soon.

I think both Amy and Kay have done a good job organizing this and tried their best to stay on top of issues. But like they said, they can only do so much.