Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: omgomgomg I can't believe it!

omgomgomg I can't believe it!

i just watched my local news and they were praising athens for the stray dogs being smart on street crossing! It showed the dogs absolutely exhasted and laying in the heat and new yorkers saying Oh yes, they steralized a lot of the stray dogs, look how smart this one is as it crosses the street, it seems to know the lights! (dog lies down on sidewalk)

I'm surprised they have stray dogs left after they poisoned all of them

Very sad, but perhaps if more members of PT had been a little more diligent and taken the time to send an email to the Prime minister, the poisioning of the dogs maybe have been able to be stopped, amazing how i head a thread regarding a dog attacking and killing its owner and get lots of replys, but to the above , so few, Yes I have chosen to voice my disappointment here on this thread.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Originally posted by carole
    Very sad, but perhaps if more members of PT had been a little more diligent and taken the time to send an email to the Prime minister, the poisioning of the dogs maybe have been able to be stopped, amazing how i head a thread regarding a dog attacking and killing its owner and get lots of replys, but to the above , so few, Yes I have chosen to voice my disappointment here on this thread.
    While I did NOT post on that thread. I DID send a letter. I just did NOT know how to respond to that thread. I was and still am SO angry about this, my words would not be suitable here on PT, so I kept it to myself and sent a letter quitly.

I also don't think it is fare to blame PT for Greece poisioning the dogs.

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Originally posted by Aspen and Misty

I also don't think it is fare to blame PT for Greece poisioning the dogs.

Ashley

I am not sure how was blaming Pet talk for that.....please explain
    Last edited by dogs_4_me; 08-21-2004 at 11:20 PM.

I stupidly sent info to channel 5.. they should have

figured it out on their own for heavens sake! but now they are aware of the greeks poisoning the dogs with poison and glass and who else in the US knows? it needs to be out there unless there are monetary reasons not to...

Carole, I did not post in that thread, as I had nothing unique to add, but did send a letter as suggested. Had we all known about the plan months beforehand, perhaps we could have swayed people's opinions, but after the plan had been made and set in motion, I had little hope of us having any effect other than making them think for "next time."

The problem goes beyond the poisoning. There are far too many feral animals - dogs and cats - in many cities. Attitudes in entore cultures need to be changed for this to be remedied. This one-time incident, while terrible, is just a symbol of the overall attitude.

Ashley I am glad that you did respond in your own way to the thread, but you and only a few did, and that is very disappointing to me, I am in no way blaming PT for the poisoning of the dogs, that is taking my comments totally out of context, as if PT could be to blame.

My point that I am simply making,is so many people are all talk, they say how awful it is, but are not prepared to give a few minutes of their time , to try and do something about it.

Obviously you are not one of these people, so be proud of yourself, there is nothing in my comment that is harsh, it is simply the truth, and the truth hurts sometimes.

Personally I was so upset that so few wanted to respond, and I am simply voicing that, this thread seems a suitable place to do so, no offence should be taken, it is the facts, it was a thread that was ignored but for a few.

The thing was the email to be sent was so simple, you were guided every step of the way, and basically it took about 2 mins of my time.

If everyone sticks their heads in the sand and does nothing, nothing will ever change, that is how I feel.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

the poor dogs of athens

No one is blaming pet talk. It's Greece's fault for not caring. since 1995 other countries have tried to help. now, with the olympics and having accepted no help, they have had to resort to poison and glass. Pet talkers only recently found out (after the fact)that we could protest. the whole thing was kept under wraps.

I realise Karen the problem is widespread, and just does not concern the dogs, but we have to make a start somewhere, I realise some people made there protests in other ways, on other sites, and I am glad, but I just feel very disappointed, this was my first ever post in Dog General, I really expected a great response, because they are all genuine dog lovers, it just felt to me, that no-one could be bothered, maybe its because I am generally unknown there, but still it was the plight of the suffering dogs that I really cared about and still do, oh well, guess i should just get over it and move on, and keep my disappointment to myself.
    Furangels only lent.

Hope you don't mind I'm going to disect your post!

Ashley I am glad that you did respond in your own way to the thread, but you and only a few did, and that is very disappointing to me, I am in no way blaming PT for the poisoning of the dogs, that is taking my comments totally out of context, as if PT could be to blame.
    That is good to hear and it IS very disapointing, just think if every one of us sent a letter, that would be 6,722 letters sent (obviously some people do not post on PT any more and etc. etc.)

My point that I am simply making,is so many people are all talk, they say how awful it is, but are not prepared to give a few minutes of their time , to try and do something about it.

Personally I was so upset that so few wanted to respond, and I am simply voicing that, this thread seems a suitable place to do so, no offence should be taken, it is the facts, it was a thread that was ignored but for a few.
    This IS a good place to voice is Carole. That is true, many many people said they were going to Boycott the Olympics, but why not send a letter? Maybe they didn't have 2 mins to spare ( )

If everyone sticks their heads in the sand and does nothing, nothing will ever change, that is how I feel.
    I agree 100% with this.

I realise Karen the problem is widespread, and just does not concern the dogs, but we have to make a start somewhere, I realise some people made there protests in other ways, on other sites, and I am glad, but I just feel very disappointed, this was my first ever post in Dog General, I really expected a great response, because they are all genuine dog lovers, it just felt to me, that no-one could be bothered, maybe its because I am generally unknown there, but still it was the plight of the suffering dogs that I really cared about and still do, oh well, guess i should just get over it and move on, and keep my disappointment to myself.
    I'm sorry you were dissapointed by Dog Genral. I also am supprised more people didn't write letter and/or respond to your thread, since we all are dog lovers and it WAS the dog's who were suffering.

Carole, I just want to say that I have agreed with everything you have said in your post on this thread.

Ashley

Thank You Ashley, that means a lot to me, I did not post these thoughts to intentionally upset anyone, I was just feeling so bad, mainly for the dogs, not myself, I just want to try to help them, even in small way, something is better than nothing, I just feel we have let those dogs down, you know what I mean? its not about me or my feelings , its about these poor creatures, who matter to me.
    Furangels only lent.

Like Karen, I just had nothing new to say, other than 'that's horrible, I'm writing an email now'.

Some days I have hours to spend on PT, some days not so much time. I probably decided to send the email instead of replying to your thread. I'm sorry if that hurt your feelings, Carole. I have a feeling there were a lot that wrote, but didn't post.

A lot of times I feel like a moron saying the same thing as the last 3 or 4 people have said, so I say nothing.

Again, I'm sorry that your feelings were hurt, but many of us did write.

Perhaps a lot felt that their voice wouldn't count, as it was just prior to the start of the Olympics and many felt that the decision had already been made.

Micki thank you so much for your response, I feel better in knowing now that just because my thread was not responded to, that indeed a lot of you sent letters, that is all that matters to me, my feelings are not hurt, i was just so disappointed, to think we maybe had it in our power(remember the power of PT is very powerful) to maybe do something about this tragedy, and I felt helpless by myself , that no-one but a few were prepared to do this, it was a little ask, that could have a big effect, who is to know that.

I am just relieved to know that their plight was not ignored by PT animal lovers, and that far more responses were sent than I had an idea, WAY TO GO PT, I feel so much happier just knowing that, at least now I donot feel we let those poor animals down quite so much. Thanks again Micki and to all who did their bit for the poor dogs of Athens, YOU ROCK!!!
    Furangels only lent.

Thank You Ashley, that means a lot to me, I did not post these thoughts to intentionally upset anyone, I was just feeling so bad, mainly for the dogs, not myself, I just want to try to help them, even in small way, something is better than nothing, I just feel we have let those dogs down, you know what I mean? its not about me or my feelings , its about these poor creatures, who matter to me.
    I know, from what I have read that is yours you don't seem like the type to go around upsetting people

I also feel bad for the poor dogs they did NOT deserve to die like that.

You did NOT let those dog's down, you helped by posting that thread and getting the word out! Cheer up and be proud of yourself!

Ashley