Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A reposting of A Troll Story

A reposting of A Troll Story

Obviously school starting again hasn't gotten rid of all the trolls, and there have been lots of newbies since I posted this last who may not know the best way to deal with trolls.... So I thought I'd re-post, for the benefit of those who didn't get to read it before.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...=A+Troll+Story

For all the newbies, remember... DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

I agree totally! Down with trolls! But, remember the last troll thread. We were "disciplined" for even using that word.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Originally posted by dukedogsmom
    I agree totally! Down with trolls! But, remember the last troll thread. We were "disciplined" for even using that word.
    I don't know why we'd be disciplined.. it's a legitimate term for those on the internet who have nothing better to do than stir up trouble. Which is what's happening, yet again, and a lot of people don't know that the best way to exterminate is to ignore.
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

Sorry, but I do not believe that school being out or starting again has anything to do with trolls. I really dislike when people assume that all trolls are kids. They could be 60 years old for all we know.

It's very embarrassing to be a teenager and have everyone point fingers at trolls and assume automatically they're kids.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

exactly!
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

Originally posted by Kfamr
    Sorry, but I do not believe that school being out or starting again has anything to do with trolls. I really dislike when people assume that all trolls are kids. They could be 60 years old for all we know.

It's very embarrassing to be a teenager and have everyone point fingers at trolls and assume automatically they're kids.
    I agree

Trolls are usually young, immature brats with nothing better to do. I doubt someone 60 would be so immature.

im a Teen too,and most people assume that it is a child,or a teen! and i agree!!

Originally posted by BCBlondie
    Trolls are usually young, immature brats with nothing better to do. I doubt someone 60 would be so immature.

You'd be very surprised. 60 was an exaggeration (sp?)
    I remember a while back we had a lady who did nothing but start stuff, and she was far older than a teenager.

I'm just saying, not every troll is a young person, and i'm sick of hearing people say that it's children who start all of this crap.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I agree with evrything you posted Kay!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    I'm still a wee bit confused about which ones posting now are actually trolls. Still trying to "feel out" one newbie on Cat General...his posts smell a bit fishy to me. But I agree, many young persons on this board are genuine and considerate of others, wheras others come only to annoy. Luckily I haven't seen many troll postings lately...but have my suspicions.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I know there was one troll in Dog General earlier this evening who was posting nasty remarks to people's pictures and calling their dogs ugly and so on, just a blatant troll there. Thankfully Karen or Paul took care of that situation

As for age... I think people often assume they must be younger because they are acting immature, but who knows what age they really are. It could be a 12-year-old kid, it could be a 30-year-old guy drinking beer and getting chuckles out of peoples' reactions. Either way I agree it's best to not "feed into" them if at all possible!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I have to agree with Kay on this one! Maybe I have just been lucky, but the correspondence and posts I have exchanged with our "younger" members have been enjoyable and enriching. It makes me happy to know that we have a bunch of wonderful caring people here, regardless of age.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

When someone makes a comment about a troll being a teen, its not a dig directed at our current teens. If you are insulted about trolls being labeled as teens, I'm sorry, for thats what the majority of them are right now. You cannot help being a teen, so please try not to be so defensive/hurt about it. Don't be in such a hurry to grow up either. Enjoy being a teen while it lasts.

I know that teens are not the only population that play troll. I know that if my husband joined PT that he'd be labeled as a troll because he thinks its "fun" to get things started. He has a website he "plays" on where he gets rumors started all the time, and he sits and laughs himself silly. He refuses to comprehend that people are real and serioulsy are hurt or outraged by the things he says. The majority of trolls happen to be male.

I just have to say that at this time of year the majority of trolls ARE bored teenagers. That has NOTHING to do with our current teen population, as they are truly kind and caring, devoted pet owners.

I agree with Kay!

Sometimes it is hard to enjoy being a teen, this is one example, also alot of people don't think we know what we're talking about because we're just "kids", or say not to be hard on other PTers because they are just "kids"...etc

And also in a previous thread, it was mentioned that some people/someone doesn't want teens to post about their lives, or problems..etc because they could just go listen to their own kids...but we could also go listen to our own parents complain about things in their lives!

Sorry to get off topic

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!