Thread: Women killed in NZ by her own dog...

Women killed in NZ by her own dog...

This is indeed very tragic, a 39 yr old women was mauled to death by her own pet, a bull mastiff, rottweiler cross, apparently previously he had bitten her and people had advised her to put him down, she even went to the place to go ahead and then did not sign the papers, the local council could do nothing, as the dog had only bitten her at this stage.

Her friends and family had advised her to have him put to sleep , even the neighbours said the dog controlled the woman, she had raised him from a puppy, there was no evidence that the women ever abused the dog, from what I know he was a very well taken care of animal.

I wonder what happened and why the dog did this, your thoughts?

The overall outcome is tragic , both for the women , her family and the dog. sad , sad, sad.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

That's awful! I wonder what caused that Bull mastiffs and Rotties are both very sweet dogs usually.

Yes that is what I had heard too, maybe its like with humans, there is always a bad apple amongst us, or maybe the women just did not know how to handle the dog, I guess though the dog was a danger in any case, not only to her but others as well, the neighbours description of finding the woman was awful, not being too graphic, but like a carcass of meat being thrown to the lions. awful, awful.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Oh my! That is so tragic! Gosh, I can't even begin to think what happen and why. I feel so awful for her and her family and the pooch
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

Originally posted by carole
    Yes that is what I had heard too, maybe its like with humans, there is always a bad apple amongst us, or maybe the women just did not know how to handle the dog, I guess though the dog was a danger in any case, not only to her but others as well, the neighbours description of finding the woman was awful, not being too graphic, but like a carcass of meat being thrown to the lions. awful, awful.
    i agree with you,there is Always a bad apple,and mabye he felt protective and she came to close to his food or something like that??buti guess we'll never know...

that is sad for the owner,and the dog.

Hmm, you know aside from it sounding like the woman did not really properly raise the dog to his proper place in the pack, I wonder if the dog could have been suffering a neurologic problem. I know in the neurology reports I do on people patients, a brain tumor or other neurologic diseases can cause alteration in behavior. I know some Alzheimer's patients can get aggressive and "mean" during the end stages of the disease, my husband's uncle suffered from that and became belligerant towards the end after he didn't seem to know people anymore. I imagine the same things can happen to animals sometimes. I have to wonder if it could be explained this way in these cases where the animal was raised in a loving home and not abused, yet still attacked its owner.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

OMG!!

My brother in law has a friend that had a Malamute he had since a pup, and when the dog was 3 the dog started to not let people in the house, started snapping at people, and he had bitten a few people. It got to the point where people would not go to his house anymore. He didn't want to put the dog down but he had no choice when the dog cornered him in his own kitchen and would not let him move for over half an hour!! He tried to walk out of the room, and the dog would lunge at him, he tried reaching for something to hit the dog with and everytime he would move the dog would flip out!! Finally the dog just walked out of the kitchen like nothing was wrong.

I really think in cases like this there has to be something VERY wrong with the dogs health. Something has to be wrong with their brain. Just like in people, some people are just sick, and have something wrong with their brain, and they just flip out and kill people.
    It's so sad... and in the womans case for her own dog to kill her. OMG
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I know that this is probably horrible to a lot of people. I don't find it cool myself. But as hard as it might be to admit this, some dogs are just aggresive. Some people think that dogs are just angels and would never harm you. But the case has been proven SO many times that they are not always harmless and even the ones that we raise from puppies. Pit bulls, bull mastiffs, and rottweilers and such are sometimes very aggressive. Not because they have something wrong with their brain but because they are aggressive. Pit bulls have been used for dog fighting SO many times. Pit bulls are the most common breed for dog fighting because they are strong, large, and aggressive as well. One of my oldest brothers got his face almost ripped off by a pitbull that was so spoiled all of it's life that I thought it had it's own secret castle somewhere. So I've made my point.

I just read the actual story and it said the dog was a purebred bullmastiff. Bull mastiffs are really great dogs so I' assuming this dog probably did have something wrong with him. it doesn't really matter what breed he was anyway though.
    Last edited by Toller 42; 08-19-2004 at 09:08 PM.

Goodness! Nicki's daddy was a Mastiff... we've always said that if she wasn't raised by us, and was raised by someone else who wasn't as loving and doting as we were that she'd be a mean dog. No kidding. There are times she shows an aggressive side, and I know without a doubt that if she didn't know the devtion and care she's received from us that she could have turned into a mean dog. Luckily she has been raised by us and is now the sweetest most gentle dog around. But there is that tendency in her that I see every so often that makes me a bit leery of what might have been if someone else took her instead of us.

Shows you to always take care of your pets, no matter what. If it is a chemical imbalance in the brain, she should have taken him to the vets to see if somethign could have been doen to correct it.

Toller I am not sure who is right then, the media stuff things up, originally it was stated several times that it was a bull mastiff rottweiler cross, I don't know if it really matters now.

Since writing this thread , more has come to light, it could be complete rumour, and you know how the media twists things, but the neighbour has come out saying the woman was not that good to the dog, when she asked after it, she commented " oh you mean Stupid", I don't think this comment in itself warrants speculation that the women mis-treated the dog, it could have been said in Jest.

I guess we will know more as things unfold, it has been suggested to that the woman was attacking the dog first and he responded by attacking back, i guess only the dog and the dead woman really know what happened, will keep you updated if I hear anymore, but keep in mind this is only rumour, donot take it for Gospel.
    Furangels only lent.

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    One can never tell what actually happened in this case, but in the end, both the woman and dog lost. Very sad. Our big girl Greta is a Rotti/shepard...who knows what, and I can trust her totally around newborn kittens etc. Just so long as that neighbors chihuahua doesn't come near the yard!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

i cant believe a bull mastiff did that i use to have one named Kumite there pretty affectionate once you make a bond with them

born with nerve damage of some sort!? I have known of 2 cats in my life with severe aggression- attacking people including owners for no reason and neuologists presume head injury during birth or shortly thereafter...who knows..sad though. Very sad.

I wonder what happened and why the dog did this, your thoughts?

I agree that some dogs are just naturally agressive. I personally think that it may have some sort of neurologic problem.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets