Thread: Paul Hamm

Paul Hamm

did anyone see him in the gymnastics last night? he was sooo awesome!!! he was my favorite from the beginning, i loved his twin too, i thought that was so cool, and i think he's really cute. and he looks ALOT like one of my friends, i was surprised when i heard him talkign at the end, cause his voice was wayy different than i thought it would be. .. lol he's so cool!

His victory was amazing at best!!! I saw the part where he fell off the vault and then they expected him to get Bronze if he got anything. Then, next thing I see, he won GOLD!!!!! I was amazed!!!

I'm too old to consider him cute at this point!
    Last edited by Logan; 08-19-2004 at 01:59 PM.

I watched parts of it at the bar, then got home JUST in time to see his high bar routine... wow!!
    He ROCKS!!!

I can't wait to watch the women tonight!!!

U-S-A.... U-S-A....
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

i think he's sooo cool! gymnastics has always been one of my favorite parts of the olympics, (besides the equestrian ) i really wanted to be a gymnast when i was little, but when we did live in a place where i could have taken lesson, money was tight , then we moved to hungary, so my olympic gymnast dreams were crushed anyway, does anyone know how old paul is? i thought they said 21, but i'm not sure.

Yeah, the Hamms are 21. I think they are amazing. I was cheering Paul on last night and got so emotionally involved that I cried tears of joy with him when he had that amazing victory. That was GREAT! I can't believe the Chinese man messed up really bad too. I started to get hope at that point that Paul would get the bronze, but then he goes and gets the GOLD

Here's a good site on them
    http://www.hamm-twins.com/
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

GO FELLOW WISCONSINITE! YAY! Represents WI and USA quite well!
    Last edited by Desert Arabian; 08-20-2004 at 07:47 PM.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

I heard the South Koreans are protesting his gold. They should be happy with their silver and bronze because they wouldn't have those if the Chinese guy didn't mess up.
    Alyson

yeah, i can't believe that korean dude wants to take Paul's metal! (of course i am biased... ) but Paul said that there was a mandatory .2 deduction that they should have taken and they didn't, but if they had he would have been 4th, so he should jsut be happy with the bronze. isn't Pauls voice funny? i think it's kinda cute, but my brother is always making fun of him. i feel bad for morgan cause everyone is always talking about paul

Yeah, did you see the individual events? Morgan did so good on the uneven bars but didn't medal. Paul got the silver, but there was more judging controversy with the guy that went before him and the crowd was going nuts.
    Alyson

yeah i saw that! i felt so bad for paul cause he didn't know what to do, he was just standing there kinda waiting for them to be quiet. poor guy. the russian guys score was really low though, i thought it could have ben a 10 if he hadn't made that step. i feel bad for paul cause in an interview he said he feels really bad cause everytime he gets a metal people are saying he didn't deserve it and he feels liek eveyrone is against him and it really hurts his feelings. it's sad. i'm goign to write him and morgan a letter. lol

That kinda made me mad when Paul said that though. I do feel sorry for him, but I think he's being slightly whiney. The issue wasn't that he didn't deserve a medal, the issue was the other guy though his score was unjust. But it turns out the judges didn't even make that other deduction so it doesn't matter anyway. I just think it was silly that Paul said the whole world was against him. Thats not true!

Tell Morgan he rocks! Hehe
    Alyson

hmm..wel maybe he was being a little whiney, but i do feel bad that everytime he gets a metal there's some kinda of conraversy. especially when none of it was even his fault, but alot of people were mad at him and telling him to give his metal back. all he wanted to do was comptete. morgan doens rock. he's so cool!