Thread: Olympic announcers

Olympic announcers

I have been watching the olympics all week, and as much as the sports are fascinating, its the announcers that make me return to tune in! I have been basically giggling my way through the day listening to the obvious things they say... just to fill the air with SOMETHING. LOL

Here are a few of my favorites:
    During men's ping pong today" "Boy that ball keeps going back and forth, back and forth"

During Women's Waterpolo: "That ball is really inflated" Like they'd be playing with a flat one?

During Men's swimming: "Now he can stand on and listen to the National Anthem of his Nation." No kidding!

This announcer banter has kept me chuckling more than a few times... anybody care to add a few they've heard?

The wieghtlifting comments about how heavy the wieghts are really crack me up! I mean, really, what do they expect out of a whieghtlifting contest?

Oh Gud GRIEF!!

Dad dint know he wuz suppozed to LISSIN
    to thoze "idiots"!

I really think a Pre-School Graduate (in the Upper -Half of the Class )
    could EASILY fill-in for any of the "Talent" ????
    that *babbles away* in the name of "commentary"!

/s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

i actually thought some of the announcers said some really mean and rude.
    men gymnastics: one of the chinese guys was going: " well, he says he's 5"9, but he's not, he's like 5'6 or 7.
    i can't remember any of the other thing at the moment, but there were several that were just plain mean. although they do say some funny things.

Olympics

Yea I see it everyday at Junior High School during fourth hour class well I like the swimming because I like to swim The beginning before it started it was sooooooooooooooo cool!!!

Thank You Popcornbird for the wonderful siggy!

On my honor I will try to serve dogs in my country, to help dogs at all times, and to live by the Dog Scout Law.
    I will do my best to be honest and fair to dogs, friendly and helpful to dogs, considerate and caring to dogs, courageouss and strong to dogs, responsible for what I say and do to dogs, and to respect myself and other dogs, respect authority, use resources wisely, make the world a better place, and be a sister to every Dog Scout.
    -Dog Scouts

Originally posted by G.P.girl
    i actually thought some of the announcers said some really mean and rude.
    men gymnastics: one of the chinese guys was going: " well, he says he's 5"9, but he's not, he's like 5'6 or 7.
    i can't remember any of the other thing at the moment, but there were several that were just plain mean. although they do say some funny things.
    I caught that too.. What also kind of annoyed me was that the announcers on the channel I was watching were tooootally favoring Americans... not that I have anything against America lol (I love living here!! ^_^).. it's just that they were saying stuff in the gymnast competition like: "Oh look where she messed up, her legs weren't together enough" and stuff like that about the other countries, but when America went up they were all saying how well they did and stuff..even though it sometimes looked like the other countries did a lot better.. It got kinda annoying after a while...

Originally posted by BCBlondie
    I caught that too.. What also kind of annoyed me was that the announcers on the channel I was watching were tooootally favoring Americans... not that I have anything against America lol (I love living here!! ^_^).. it's just that they were saying stuff in the gymnast competition like: "Oh look where she messed up, her legs weren't together enough" and stuff like that about the other countries, but when America went up they were all saying how well they did and stuff..even though it sometimes looked like the other countries did a lot better.. It got kinda annoying after a while...
    yeah they did it especially in the gymnastics

What really annoyed me at the end of the women's team competition for gymnastics was the announcers kept saying "And the Russians look very happy with their bronze medal," when in fact they looked just as dejected as the Americans who won silver. The Americans snapped out of it and smiled pretty quickly, but the Russians looked pretty sullen every time they announced exclaimed how happy they looked. It was like, duh! Look before you speak!

Ralph and I were catching several morons statements last night...of course I can't remember too many of them now. I do remember after someone valuted ( I think it was the other American whose name has escaped me at the moment...Brett?), they said, "He was really going for a stuck landing"...well duh!! I thought he was planning to run our of it.

I think the phrase/mind set that annoys me the most is the implication that NOTHING matters as much as getting the Gold. I think it's an incredible honor to represent your country in international competition, and for the commentators to speak slightingly of performances that in some cases set world records (but are beaten shortly thereafter)! Sheesh!!!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Originally posted by AmberLee
    [B] I think it's an incredible honor to represent your country in international competition,B]
    oh i know! that would be the biggest honor ever, i can't think of anything that would make me more proud than that. gee, i wish i could be in the olympics

I was watching an American channel of the Olympics and they would show EVERY country execpt Canada in all the sports. !!! URG!! The Canadain Channels were showing the Americans !!!!!!!!

I have nothing agianst American though...I used to live there.

I really enjoy the announcers, of course we probably have different ones here, i did however notice an american commenting on our Basketball game against the world champions, which we won YAHOO!!! he was very supportive of the Kiwi"s maybe he is an american/kiwi or something, he said something to the effect that if you are not standing up and screaming by now , then there is something wrong with you, (when we won)those were not his words, but what he said meant that.

I must take more notice of what they say from now on, I am sure there are indeed some funny things said.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️