View Poll Results: Have you ever played with a Ouija Board?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • No- Too afraid

7 24.14%
  • Yes- Tons of fun

11 37.93%
  • Thought about it

5 17.24%
  • Never again!

6 20.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever played with a ouija board?

Have you ever played with a ouija board?

I haven't played myself but my husband could tell you some stories!!!!!

One of my favorite horror movies is Witchboard(the 1st one)!

my answer is not up their lol no I have not, but I am not too afraid, I have just never had the opportunity
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I haven't played since I was a little kid. I remember using it at slumber parties I was always scared but it was fun. I really don't believe in them tough, I mean they are manufactured by parker brothers. I just don't believe that Parker Brothers holds the key to the unknown.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Originally posted by Uabassoon
    I really don't believe in them tough, I mean they are manufactured by parker brothers. I just don't believe that Parker Brothers holds the key to the unknown.
    Haha! That's exactly how I feel! My mom would never let us even go NEAR one! I personally think there is no "power" in them.

We had some really weird experiences in college with them! Too many odd things to go into in one post!

My mom wouldn't let us have one but one time I used one at my neighbors. I wouldn't want to use one again, afraid what it might say and then I might have something to worry about. he he
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'd played one before and it was pretty fun but it's been along time, I don't think it's real though.
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

I wouldn't..

I'm not sure about those things.. LOL. I've heard way too many scary stories..
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Yes, in middle school my friends and I were OBSESSED!!

I had one friend who claimed she could hold seances (and did for us multiple times) Seesh, a 12 year old kid... and we fell for it hook, line and sinker

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Never had the chance

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

When I was pregnant with my daughter (she's now 28 years old) my stepmother and I played with the Ouija board We asked it whether the baby was a boy or a girl and when it would be born.

It said it was a girl and would be born March 25th. Well, my daughter, who wasn't due till April was born March 24th! I haven't touched a Ouija board since.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

My Mom was afraid of those and felt they weren't to be messed with and I pretty much accepted her feelings on it when I was younger.

I don't think there is any actual power in the game/board itself, however, I do think there might be power of people's mental focus to produce the unexplained.. I have no examples off the top of my head but I have read and heard of many experiences that have to do with the power of the mind. I think it is conceivable that the ouija board might serve as a point of focus for that mental energy and that accounts for so many people having experiences with them.

I actually did think of one example. I once read something that by the writer of the Dilbert comics wrote, having to do with the powers of mental energy. I can't remember which of his Dilbert books it was in, one of the later ones towards the back and this is a very rough summary of what he said there. He said he always got asked how he got so many of the things in life that he wanted. He confessed his secret is using a mental focus or meditation type thing in which he would focus on the thing he desired (and I believe he kept it to reasonable/worldy things, not "I want to be a millionaire by tomorrow"), and he would then write on a page what he wanted, and write it over and over like 300 times. He'd do that once a day, and he said whatever it was he focused on after awhile of doing that, it always happened.

I also do know there have been many stories of the power of meditation, healing power and so on. So I think people who get very mentally focused on something and have total belief in it, can actually come up with some unexplainable occurrances. There is just too much evidence out there about it, in my opinion, for there to be nothing to it.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

yes, i have a glow-in-the-dark ouija board myself. its a fun game.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

Originally posted by K9soul
    My Mom was afraid of those and felt they weren't to be messed with and I pretty much accepted her feelings on it when I was younger.
    Same with me, my mom would never let me have one!

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

I never have touched one,Never wanted one,Never EVER will I want one.

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!