Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: URGENT Prayer Request

What a shock for you all. You have my thoughts and prayers.

My thoughts are with you!!!!

i am so sorry.....prayers on the way.

prayers

Tonya, my thoughts and prayers are with your cousin, his family, and you and your family.

I am so sorry Tonya. You and your family will be in my prayers.

I'm so sorry Tonya. Please know that I've sent out a special prayer for you and all of your family. Please keep us updated.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Prayers already sent! Please keep us updated!

HUGS,
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

That sounds awful, so sad. Sending lots of positive thoughts to Guy and your whole family. {{{hugs}}}
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Thank you, everyone. I just got home from the hospital. Apparently, he was drinking at a party last night. He was drunk and decided to go for a ride on one of those stupid motorized scooters that all the kids have. Some guy driving by found him laying in the road.

It's not clear what happened because the scooter was sitting straight up on it's kickstand. The guy that found him may have subconsciously stood the scooter up. If not, Guy must have stopped to light a cigarette (there was a cigarette and lighter next to him) and fell backwards. I asked the doctor if with the trauma it was possible that he was hit by someone from behind. The doctor told me that the police are investigating that and it is very likely. The doctor suggested that I do not tell the family that for now; it'll cause more anguish.

So anyways, he is 95% brain dead and when the life support is pulled, he has a 1% chance of living. Everyone went home to get some sleep tonight. In the morning, it is Guy's parents wishes that all the friends and family decide together on rather or not to pull the plug. Please pray that everyone has the sense to let him rest in peace. No one wants to live like a vegetable.

It's sad, he was going to be 22 next Wednesday. I hope if anything comes out of this, people will realize that drinking and partying to hard isn't so cool afterall. And that those scooters are no joke. Anyways, thank you for your thoughts.

p.s. One blessing out of this, all of Guy's organs are alive and well and the family and hospital are prepared to donate them.
    Last edited by Tonya; 08-15-2004 at 12:20 AM.

Thank you Wolfie!

Oh Tonya that's horrible. I'm so sorry. My prayers go out to you and yours.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Oh Tonya, I am so sorry. Your family is in my prayers.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Thank you, everyone. My MIL just talked to the doctor, nothing changed last night for the better or the worst. I'm leaving right now to go back. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you Wolfie!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Tonya I just saw this thread! Prayers that Guy will survive this. My neighbor had a fall last year while doing an overnighter with a mentally retarted young man. Gail apparently hit her head and was knocked unconcious for 36 hours before she was found. She also was given very little chance of survival, declared brain dead, and the doctors wanted the family to take Gail off life support. By some miracle Gail survived! She had to undergo a lot of therapy, but she is back with her children and able to drive etc. I hope the same miracle comes through for Guy.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

If he is unsavable, as they will find out as time passes, it is a blessing that his family is willing to have his organs donated to save others' lives. It is one blessing amidst a tragedy. I do hope others around him will learn from this awful, awful experience.

My prayers are with his family and loved ones.

omg!I just saw this thread .... I am sorry to hear this....... all of you guys will be in my thoughts and prayers
    KayKay

R.I.P. my sweet Little bit and itty bit you will be in my heart forever I love you!

"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle"
    Winston Churchill