Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cat vomiting feces???

Yes,I agree with everyone it is probably just a hair ball. My cat Cecil gets them too, I just give him some Petromalt twice a week,he loves it.

I would like to say though, that while hair ball pet foods do work I would make sure and get a top quality one if you must use it, because many of them also delete the cat of essetial vitamins and minerals along with the hair balls!! Also to much of the petromalt types of hair ball medication causes diarrea!! So I prefer to skip the special foods and just use a product like Petromalt sparingly.
    That feline fanatic.

cat vomitting feces???

My cat also vomited brownish thing at first watery then next somehow like her feces. Let me see if it's just plain hairball, but she eats fast and a lot.

Phew!

I just found vomit that looked exaclty like feces and smelled a little like it.
    I was so freaked out, but a vet on justanswer told me it is only a hairball, and then I read all the comments here.

I was sure it was a hairball anyway, since I took a closer look *ughhh* and it was moslty only hair. But I read in many places that whenever a cats vomit looks like poop, it is most likely a hairball obstruction.

I dont think that is the case since I found stool in the litter box, too. And he is acting just fine. I just hope that will not happen again. Scared me to death!

What food do you feed?

A few years back, I switched my cats to a high quality food and 2 years later I went to a grain free one. I've used Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul (2 years) and Taste of the Wild (3 years) and NONE of my cats has hairballs any longer.

Hairballs are not "normal" for cats. In the wild, their diet takes care of this. So finding a good food is the best way to solve the problem.

And yes, 15 years ago w/ my first cat ever, I was sure I was looking at poo as well.

Here is a good site to start learning about cat foods, what to look for when reading labels, etc.
    http://www.petfoodratings.net/cattable.html

Just click on a brand and see what the review says == what's good about this food, etc.