Thread: ferret trouble

ferret trouble

Ferret and cat trouble......
    my ferret needs to be out at the least a couple hours a day... He tries to get fifa but fifa is fast and gets away when he's out, but not my kitten. He chases after her and bites her really hard. I don't even want to risk having them together because he could kill her she's so tiny. Ferrets eat small animals in the wild and I think he really wants to kill her. He has tried to attact our iguana before, and my other small animals like my rabbit even through the rabbits cage. I've tried putting the kitten in another room that doesn't work she claws the door and ruins the carpet. So I bought her a cat carrier and put her in it she gets so stressed and pants and everything. Now I love all my pets to death but, I can't fear the lives of them so he can run he even bites the dogs and has made even my dad bleed. He's never bitten me though. I don't know what to do, I love him to death but , we can't have this. PLEASE HELP

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

It sounds like your ferret needs some serious supervision during his "out" times. His biting is definately a problem. Are there things in your home to distract his attention from the other animals? Could you set up a play room for your ferret? Giving him a room where you can close the door and let him play? I've got all that set up in our bedroom, complete with tunnels, toys and a rice box to dig in. That way my dog doesn't get too stressed and the ferrets get their out time.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Thanks I'll try that... he's got such a wild way... He can on;y keep his mind on one thing for like 4 seconds lol I will try that...

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

Do you only have the one ferret? Have you considered getting him a playmate of his own kind? Did you know that ferret skin is extremely tough and that is why they bite so hard, they don't realize that everyone else's skin isn't as tough as theirs.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

yes I only have the one...

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month