Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Did You Get Your Cat?

How Did You Get Your Cat?

I don't come over to the cat boards much because I don't have a cat, so I don't know if you've had a board like this recently. I'm sure most of you have some very interesting stories!

-Chrissy

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

Most of The Found Cats were strays,that came either,to the door,or were brought by Friends ,or Relatives and three came from a Breeder,as they had behavior issues!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

2 strays and 2 adopted from PetSmart adaption.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Allen was a surprise addition, and our first kitty. My aunt's cat had kittens, and the person who said they'd take him decidd not to after all. We were at my aunt's house for a family party, and they jokingly asked us if we would take a kitten. At first we said no (well I said yes, hubby said no) but we ended up elaving with a little kitten later named Allen.

Pouncer was a completely different story. We weren't looking for a kitten, but one found us. We ended up not getting that kitten because he had a heart problem, and the rescue prganization didn't want to give him to us sick. Sooo, we were broken hearted that we weren't getting a kitten and went to another rescue organization's kitten event the following weekend and found Pouncer. He's the best thing we ever did because he has made such a difference in Allen. Poor Allen was lonely!

I went to the local shelter with the intention of just "looking" *yeah right* because I had spent a lot of time over on this side of PT. I hadn't really been around cats since I was little and wanted to see if I could find one that may be compatable. Well I walk past this one cage and who do I see trying to get out at me and meowing up a storm? My little stripy Remus bum! He was head bumping the cage and making quite a ruckus! I asked the lady at the desk about him, she said he wouldn't be available for adoption until the next day, and since he was such a cutie he might go quick, as they don't reserve pets, its first come first serve. So I show up at the shelter at 8 am when they open adoptions expecting to get some paperwork to take to the vet for his nuter. *They told me that they would nuter him, then let me take him home on Monday, I went in Saturday* Of course I had no carrier or anything because I was expecting to have sunday to shop for him. Well they said he was about old enough just to come home with me and that I could handle his nuter on my own. So here I have a cat, with no supplies at home and no carrier to take him home with! He ended up riding home on the dashboard of my car *my home is about a mile away from the shelter, not a far ride but far enough with a cat on the dash!* It was about 9 am at this point and my hubby was still sleeping. He woke up with a bit of a shock with a cat sniffing his nose! *Remus now does this on a daily basis lol*

cats - how did I get mine

Hi Chrissy:

My last one came in March and is story is unusual. He was a stray cat. I was cooking dinner that night and waiting for my husband and two kids. When they came in, our stray (Boots), just walked in the door!

He is a very handsome cat. He is mostly black with four white feet and a bib. He likes to play with my legs when I walk down the hall in the morning. And lastly, he has a great personality. He gets along with everyone (2 kids and 2 adults).

I have two other ones, including a Siamese. Siamese have great personalitiies, better temperments than domestics (gentlier)

Goodbye for now.

Miss Tobina
    [email protected]

I wanted a kitty, so I was at the local petstore pricing scratching posts, litter boxes, etc. and I saw a cute little gray kitty there. He was a stray, placed in the petstore by a local humane society. I picked him up, and his sweet purrsonality won me over. I knew I couldn't leave him there one more second! So home with me he came.

Sophie was born under my boyfriend's dad's trailer. Her momma was a stray that hung around the property a lot. The mom and the rest of the litter died from unfortunate circumstances, but my boyfriend's dad found Sophie when she wandered into his trailer, and fed her. He called us to come get her! She was flea-ridden, underweight and only 4 weeks old then. She's completely healthy now and has a furrever home with us!!

We inherited Dudley after my grandma passed away.

Sammy was found on the side of the road when he was only 4 weeks old. The lady who found him came to the pet store, and we were there buying rat supplies. She came up to us and asked if this pet store took kittens, we said no. We offered to take him to the humane society for her, because she said she could not pay the $40 surrender fee. We took him, with the full intention to give him to the humane society- but it turned out they were all closed for the night. So, we went back to the pet store and got KMR milk and a bottle and fed him and we also gave him a bath. I fell in love instantly and my mom eventually gave in and said we could keep him.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Fister was a feral born in our back yard. When he was about 15 months old, I fell in love with him, and we slowly enticed him up into our flat. Here are some stories that can give you an idea of our trials and tribulations!

"Heaven on the First Floor"

"From Rags to Riches"

"Fisters 7 Territories"

"Peace cannot be achieved through violence,
    it can only be attained through understanding."
    Albert Einstein

Well, My dad is a welder for a garbage company. And there is tons of wild cats just running around some of them are sick and some of them are so wild that you couldn't even get close to them. My dad says that most of them are sick or wild. My dad also said the reason why there is so many cats there is because people breed there cats but don't want the kittens so the just throw them in the dumpster like they are trash. (I wish I could save them all but they wouldn't let me probably.) It is very rare when you find a good and healthy house cat there. But one day my dad spotted this about 5 month old kitten roaming around so skinny it looked like it was about to die from starvation . My dad new I love animals so he brought it home for me. I feed it and it loved me. I Named it Neko. After it was about a year old we let it out and it got hit on the road . I cried and cried. Finally a week later my dad came home and gave me a little kitten the day before Easter. And that's how I got my Kally.

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
    I went to the local shelter with the intention of just "looking" *yeah right* because I had spent a lot of time over on this side of PT. I hadn't really been around cats since I was little and wanted to see if I could find one that may be compatable. Well I walk past this one cage and who do I see trying to get out at me and meowing up a storm? My little stripy Remus bum! He was head bumping the cage and making quite a ruckus! I asked the lady at the desk about him, she said he wouldn't be available for adoption until the next day, and since he was such a cutie he might go quick, as they don't reserve pets, its first come first serve. So I show up at the shelter at 8 am when they open adoptions expecting to get some paperwork to take to the vet for his nuter. *They told me that they would nuter him, then let me take him home on Monday, I went in Saturday* Of course I had no carrier or anything because I was expecting to have sunday to shop for him. Well they said he was about old enough just to come home with me and that I could handle his nuter on my own. So here I have a cat, with no supplies at home and no carrier to take him home with! He ended up riding home on the dashboard of my car *my home is about a mile away from the shelter, not a far ride but far enough with a cat on the dash!* It was about 9 am at this point and my hubby was still sleeping. He woke up with a bit of a shock with a cat sniffing his nose! *Remus now does this on a daily basis lol*
    awweee! that's such a cute little story!
    Last edited by joanofark; 08-12-2004 at 11:27 AM.

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

Saphirah belonged to my husband when we got married. He got her from a neighbor whose cat had kittens. She is now 5 years old, queen of the house, and a total daddy's girl.

Chloe was adopted from an animal shelter when she was about 10 months old. She had the sweetest face that just made me fall head-over-heels for her. When I took her out of the cage, she looked up at me and touched noses. My husband said that's when he knew that she was going home with us.

Samson was dropped off in the country near where we lived at the time. We think he may have been around for awhile. When January rolled around, he moved into the crawlspace under our house. He would also come out and meow at us on occasion. He was thin, and his fur was dull and coarse. We started feeding him. Eventually, he moved into the house. As I have said before, he decided to keep us.

All of ours were ferals or strays/dumped!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Tigger was a stray!

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Lets see....

Noah: got him from a co-worker who had two cats that had kittens

Noel: looked utterly pathetic in a cat carrier at PetSmart. I HAD to have her. (SO glad I did )

Basie: while shopping for cat food, David wandered over to the Life Rescue at PetSmart. This time is was David who HAD to have him. (He's "MY" kitty now...funny, huh?)

Olivia: adopted her from the Humane Society we used to volunteer at.

Micah: same as Livvy, but he was sick and I was terrified someone would adopt him for his breed and then give him up again because he was so sick. This has been THE BEST decision I've ever made. I love that little guy to death!

Hermione: We were visiting my friend that does T-N-R (trap, neuter, release) and she had a bunch of super cute kittens. David HAD to have her.

Phoebe & Sami: We were doing some TNR of our own and caught 4 kittens. We kept these two because of their eye deformity, but now they've imprinted themselves on our hearts for forever and ever. They are by far the sweetest souls out there.

While 8 is a bit too many to take care of for me (I do everything for the cats), I do it and love them so much. I couldn't imagine my life without them, ever. They are my kids.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...