Thread: Olympics

Olympics

Is everyone well informed as to what Athens did to it's stray dog population to ready itself for the Olympics? Animal Rights groups are asking us to not watch the Olympics and I agree. I was surprised to find a thread just a few minutes ago under general regarding watching with no mention of the animal cruelty there. so i checked here. You all may have posted something and I just can't find it so am posting this! they poisened (a long and torturous death) 1,500 dogs and any cats that happened along so the city would look good. they have a long reputation of treating animals like crap (to be nice). There is a video that QSL sent me and she is leary about posting it because it is a bit graphic. If karen says ok- then she'll post it. I have it in my email if anyone wants to see it. It is anger making.
    pixie

That is completely horrible, they should not be hurting innocent dogs and cats for there attempt to look nice. Because if bet by doing that they turned off alot of people. That horrible, no now i am not sure that i will watch the olympics, just like at the last world cup there main meal was dog. They killed so many, imagen eating the speices of your best friend! I mean how horrible!

Since 1997 they had to fix things....

Animal Groups Want Athens to Show Homeless Dogs Some Olympic Spirit
    pixie