Thread: Frisbee & tennies ball

Wink Frisbee & tennies ball

[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=red]

My new dog Smokey Joe who is a bull terrier will do about anything for a tennies ball or a frisbee. He has not caught on though that he needs to drop it when he brings it back so we can throw it again he is so proud of himself for going to get i think he don't want ti give it up!
    My dogs are my kids,lol

My dog, Blaze is like that too. I think your dog will figure out "how to drop" the ball/frisbee eventually, when he figures out that you'll throw it for him! Maybe when he fetches it, call him back, and if he comes, give him a treat. You could have a friend bring him back on a leash too, and train him to "retrieve" the ball, and not just simply fetch it!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

P.S. Welcome to PT!!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

My dog was like that, but she knew what OW!!! ment. So we would put our hand around the ball in her mouth and say OW!!! It got her to let go, and ow eventually turned into Drop it or Let Go. So try to connect with her by teaching her wat she already knows.
    .:|KrIsTiN|:.

Frisbee & ball & new ?

Thanks for the advie on the toys. We do say drop it and i think slowly he is getting the idea. My ? is though does anyone have any advice for dogs that gets really hyper? Once or twice a day our bull terrier will just act crazy out of no where one second he is laying clam or chewing on a toy the nest he is barreling through the house like a wild aniamal. He pouncies and barks and everything.
    My dogs are my kids,lol

If your Bully gets along well with other dogs and people you could give Flyball or Agility training a go, Flyball is great for ball mad dogs and it burns off the energy so they are more calm at home.

I will post a few links that should give you all the information you need.

NAFA North American Flyball Association

BFA- British

AFA- Australian
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Flyball

Thanks for the idea it is sounds fun. Even though I am not really sure what it is. I did check out the web sites but there were no listings for my area. So thanks anyway
    My dogs are my kids,lol