Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Are you going to watch the Olympics....

Are you going to watch the Olympics....

With only a few days away, the Olympics are about to start, just wondered who is going to watch them and if anyone is actually going to attend them.

I am not a real sports fan, but I always enjoy watching the Olympics, especially swimming, athletics, gymnastics, rowing,what are your favourite events?

I hope we see some lovely pics of Greece as well, This is one of the places in the world I would love to visit oneday, it looks so beautiful.

Look out for a few kiwis in there won't you, our medal prospects are not great, like the big US OF A, but we will give it a damn good try. Watch out for us in the rowing, twin sisters from my City, YOU GO GIRLS!!!!.

So please post your thoughts and hopes for the games.

My biggest hope is for them to be free of any violence and threats.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I probably will watch the gymnastics, and thats about it. My husband is a 7-8th grade social studies teacher and he has a few weeks of lesson plans around the Olympics (Anyone who's a teacher and would like REALLY cool lesson plans, PM me ) He'll be watching them all, and taping all the ceremonies for his students to watch.

As long as they (as in hubby and the kids) don't do what they did during the last Olympics, which was camp out in our bedroom and watch the games alllll night looong. I couldn't get ANY sleep because of the cheering! A girl needs her beauty rest ya know!

For me it's two weeks of sports heaven...

The only things I don't really watch are the commercials.

A few years ago the networks were charging for coverage. This year 7 networks are going to televise some 1120 hours of events.

So much sports, So little time!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Sports? Blarg. I might try to catch Fencing, but that's all that interests me, and it's not nearly as much fun to watch as it is to do, so....I probably won't.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Originally posted by RICHARD
    A few years ago the networks were charging for coverage.
    And I bought the extra coverage!

I'll watch a lot of the sporting events - not so much of the upclose and personal stuff.

I'll try to watch. I usually enjoy the Olympics but I love the winter sports more than the summer.

This year will be bittersweet because of my mom. She absolutely loved the Olympics and attended several of the events in Atlanta in 1996. It will be painfully obvious that she's not here when all the excitement begins and my phone isn't ringing off the wall.

From Decker with Love

Probably not, unless my parents are watching it.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Nope, won't watch a single minute of it. In fact, it irks me that it interrupts anything else that I may care to watch.

I hear ya, we only have 4 tv channels in NZ, and one is totally the olympics from 7.30 on and it is my favourite channel , so for two weeks I will have to miss out on my best shows, GRR..., oh well like I said I don't mind some coverage, BTW Richard that boxer of ours will be there, the one who murdered his child, yes he got to go, GRR.......

Now if it were the cat olympics all eyes would be glued right.

Jazzcat my heart goes out to you, I know that there will be so many memories of times spent with your mother, and I understand how painful it will be for you, just want you to know I am thinking of you, and sorry if I stirred up your emotions regarding this thread, HUGS.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Originally posted by jazzcat
    I'll try to watch. I usually enjoy the Olympics but I love the winter sports more than the summer.

This year will be bittersweet because of my mom. She absolutely loved the Olympics and attended several of the events in Atlanta in 1996. It will be painfully obvious that she's not here when all the excitement begins and my phone isn't ringing off the wall.
    That's how I felt this past February when Westminster started. My Dad and I always talked when it was on and ohed and ahed over the dogs, or I went to his house and we watched together at least one night.

Watch it anyway, she'll be there in spirit with you. We need a teary eyed smilie on PT.

I love the Olympics, summer or winter!! I will definitely be watching!!!!

I am so happy that a couple of you have such great memories of watching the Olympics with your parents. I have the same memories as you do and I will always treasure them. I hope (and secretly know) that my daughter will remember my love for the Olympics. When she was just a small girl, I spent what was a lot of money at the time, to buy a small television for my bedroom, so I could watch the winter Olympics from my bed as my apartment was so terribly cold!!! LOL!!!!! Still have the tv and still have the memory of that time.
    Last edited by Logan; 08-09-2004 at 08:21 PM.

{{{Jazzcat}}}
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

13. I am a big fan of the Olympics...although I too prefer Winter. But I never miss the opening ceremony....at least the parade of nations and the lighting of the torch.

It will be the first time I have had the tv on since my husband went to SoCal in May!

I always watch the Olympics. I like the Winter Games best, but I like the Summer Games almost as much. It revives my patriotism and piques my competitiveness.

The darling of the Games this year seems to be Michael Phelps, the swimmer, who is from very nearby to me. They're saying he has a good chance of beating Mark Spitz's records from Munich!

I'm not much of a sports fan but I do watch some of the Summer Olympics.

Jazzcat, sorry it's going to be such somber event for you. Maybe I could come over and we could have a BBQ and sit around and talk about pets and things.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.