Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Have to let Emily Rose go...hearthbreak :-(

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

I Have to let Emily Rose go...hearthbreak :-(

Her edema has not subsided, and it looks like she'll never get over it. She has no feeling in any of her feet, especially her hind ones. It's not fair to keep her this way any longer. I know she's not comfortable, and I have no idea if she's in pain, but I feel now she's suffering. Her three brothers are feeling fine and romping, and wrestling, but I can't let this little girl go on like this anymore. I'm posting her pictures now, only to let ya'll know, not much has changed despite round the clock care.

She's so swollen.

It absolulty breaks my heart seeing this tiny sweetie so swollen.

Sometimes.......Life IS NOT FAIR! AND YES, I"M CRYING!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Oh no...I'm so sorry QSA. She does look awful in those pictures. Poor little thing. You did all you could. I feel awful too.

Oh Jan, I am crying with you. Poor sweet Emily Rose. Those pictures are so heartbreaking. You did all you could for this precious little one.
    I know how hard this must be for you. It is never an easy decision but it is for the best. Because you love her, you cannot let her go on suffering like this.
    Bless you for trying your best to help her, but now it is time to let her go onto Rainbow Bridge, to suffer no more.

Big time (((((HUGS))))) for you dear lady.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I'm so sorry! I can only imagine what it's like for those of you who do rescue to put so much into saving these animals only to have to lose them, or let them go when something like that happens. I know you did everything you could. Try to take comfort that her suffering will be ended and she'll be romping and chasing butterflies at the RB. Bless you for caring as much as you do!
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

please do!!! and thank you for all you've tried to do.
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

If I took pictures today...she looks worse. The fur is gone from her legs..she can't stand up easily, and it's not fair to let her continue like this. I'm afraid she has necrosis.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

And it's CONTAGIOUS! The calicivirus, not the necrosis. I should be buying stock in Clorox as I'm going through so much to try to keep others from getting the virus. So far, so good, but I'm being extremely cautious for a while to come. *sigh*
    Last edited by QueenScoopalot; 08-06-2004 at 05:17 PM.
    Author Unknown ~*~

Oh Jan, those pictures just break my heart and I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. Sweet Emily, soon your suffering will be over and you will grow big and strong at the RB. Travel safely little one.

Big hugs to you Jan for all that you do.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Oh no! Contagious?? Is there a test for the other kitties? Are any of them showing any signs of possibly having the same problems? I'm so so sorry QSA.... You will be in my thoughts...
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

Frolic well at the Bridge, sweetie. Soon there will be no more pain...

{{{Jan}}}
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Oh Jan, this just breaks my heart to see. Bless her heart and bless yours for trying so hard to save her. You are making the right decision for this precious little one. She deserve to be pain free.

From Decker with Love

Poor darling....

Bless her and you for all you do. You've saved so many and now to lose one through something you had no control over.

She knows you've done your best and will be a guardian angel for all the others who come through your doors.
    The complete Knit-wit and occasional domestic diva.

Going to a church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Bless you for trying so hard Jan - we all know you are doing what is best for this sweet baby and cry along with you (((((Jan))))) Let her go....knowing that you tried and are doing what is right.
    RIP EMILY ROSE

Jan I'm shedding tears with you. What a beautiful little girl who is suffering so. You are doing what is right for this little one and letting her go. You and Emily Rose have both put up one heck of a fight and as hard as it is to admit, you can't win them all.
    God Bless you Jan for trying so hard and God Bless and gently welcome sweet Emily Rose.

You are doing the right thing. Emily knows that you tried, and she's ready to go play at rainbow bridge. God bless you for taking care of all these kittens. ((((hugs)))))

Thank you Wolfie!