Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kit Kat Put To Sleep.

Kit Kat Put To Sleep.

'Have a break' takes a permanent break

Kit Kat is reportedly to drop its 'Have a break, have a Kit Kat' advertising slogan after nearly 50 years.

The Daily Star says the catchphrase is to be replaced with 'Make the most of your break' in new ads due to appear on screens in September.

Kit Kat's maker Nestle Rowntree says the old slogan has served its purpose.

A source said: "Marketing managers found that while 90 per cent of the population could recite the slogan, it didn't actually make them purchase a Kit Kat any more."

The old slogan has featured in some of British TV's most memorable adverts, including one featuring Roy Keane taking a break to do embroidery, and another where God and the devil meet up for a break.

The new campaign features three ads, currently being filmed in New Zealand and Australia, including one where a death row prisoner makes the most of his break before execution.

-----------------------------------------------

Now what am I gonna do for chocolate????
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

uh...

I never knew the slogan! I don't memorize those things! ok ok, double the pleasure double the fun double the something with double mint gum! That's (hopefully) it for me!
    pixie

I could care less if they got rid of Kit Kats all together. I love chocolate, but I've always hated Kit Kats for some reason.

Thank you Wolfie!

"Oh, give me a break, give me a break, break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar!!!"

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Haha, It's been stuck in my head now too. I used to scream that on the top of my lungs when I was a kid.

Thank you Wolfie!

Originally posted by moosmom
    "Oh, give me a break, give me a break, break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar!!!"
    LOL!! You just brought back some memories. My roommate in college use to sing that all the time. She'd drive me crazy! I finally bought her a case of them at Sam's Club and told her to shut up!

From Decker with Love

NO! 50 years? I think they got their money's worth out of that slogan, and they didn't exactly break the bank coming up with a new one did they? What was their budget? £5?

A death row prisoner enjoying a last break? We don't even have the death penalty in Britain. I don't think these new adverts are going to make me rush out and buy a Kit Kat.

I'd rather have a Hershey's Kiss!!
    Last edited by moosmom; 08-05-2004 at 08:13 AM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm

I love Kit Kats!!!!!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST SAW!!!!
    KIT KATS ARE NOW IN WHITE CHOCOLATE!!!!!
    YUMMY! I'M SURE!!! (I LOVE white chocolate)!
    Where can I buy a case?
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
    I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST SAW!!!!
    KIT KATS ARE NOW IN WHITE CHOCOLATE!!!!!
    YUMMY! I'M SURE!!! (I LOVE white chocolate)!
    Where can I buy a case?
    Ooh! YUMM! I LOVE white chocolate too!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

lol I still do the kitkat hand game!

"give a break, give a break, break off a peice of that kitkat bar.
    chocolate coating makes my day, everywhere I go I hear the people say.
    give me a break, give me a break, break me off a peice of thta, gotta have a peice of thta, break off a peice of that, kitkat bar"

lol kitkat is my second most favorite kind of chocolate bar, but #1 fave is coffee crisp
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

It took a real marketing genius to come up with that new slogan... I'm so impressed with how its such a vast departure from the old slogan!

That slogan was the ONLY reason I ever bought a KitKat. I think they are terrible! blechhh.

I could care less what the slogan is, or what the ads are, I LOVE KIT KATS! And...white chocolate??? I LOVE WHITE CHOCOLATE. LOL no, really, I loooooooooooooooooove white chocolate! CHOCOLATE IS GOOD!

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

They sell the white chocolate Kit Kats by the case at Sam's Club and I drool every time I see them. I think I gain 5 pounds just looking at the case. Maybe I should get some and mail out to you white chocolate fans so I'll have an excuse to buy that case!

From Decker with Love