Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LITTERMAID Question!!!

LITTERMAID Question!!!

My parents got us a LitterMaid for Josie.

Just wondering . . . has anyone had good experiences with a LitterMaid???

We haven't set it up yet. Probably will be our "Sunday Project" but we're hoping that it will work out.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

My DIL - chrangharris has one and I know they LOVE it!! They got the large model. She won't be posting because she is having a baby tomorrow! But I know thet do love their Littermaid and I have thought of getting one as well. One thing though - they are NOT safe for kittens.

I dont have one,but The Siamese Breeder,does,and swears,by it!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thanks.

We still haven't put it together yet. I think Josie's old enough, even though we consider her a kitten. She's more of a teenager actually
    -christa

That was so nice of Josie's Granma to buy her a Littermid! I can't wait to hear feedback about this! I don't have one, or no anyone that does.....so let us know what you think!

Not safe for kitties? Is the sensor not sensitive enough to pick up little pawsies?

Originally posted by Equus217
    That was so nice of Josie's Granma to buy her a Littermid!
    I KNOW! My mother never liked cats until we got Josie. She calls herself "Grandmama Cat" . . . LOL. But I think she's hoping that eventually we will have SKINKIDS!
    -christa

whatever is it?

I've had a littlermaid for several years. Actually, I now have two. One is the Mega and one the standard. I LOVE them! No more poop scooping for me. When I brought Wallace home he was 12 weeks old. I just left the Littermaid turned off for a few days until he was used to it. Then I turned it back on and he had no problem at all. In fact, if he hears it turn on he'll run in to watch it. Several years ago the first one I had broke, and the company was really helpful and even sent me a brand new Littermaid. They even upgraded me to the deluxe model. I would recommend it to anyone. I've talked all the cat owners in my family into having one. There are little IR sensors on both sides. When the cat leaves, it starts a 10 minute time before it scoops. If the cat goes back in before the rake scoops, it resets the sensor to 10 minutes. There is also a sensor bar on the back of the rake in case the cat gets in there while it's operating. If the bar touches anything, it stops the rake. Just use a good, strong clumping litter. I do periodically take it appart and bleach it just to keep it clean. Other than that, it's just a matter of changing the receptacle when it's full. How long that takes depends on how many cats are using it. With one cat, I only had to do it once a week.

Thanks for all your replies!

I think Josie is getting use to her LitterMaid, and LET ME TELL YOU . . . I LOVE IT! It's so great, not having to sift through a litter box full of kitty poop. We left her old litter box and sat it next to it . . . she never went back to the old box! I think she liked the fact that she could go to a CLEAN litterbox every time! We're throwing the old box out today. At first, she was so freaked when it would run, but in a few days, she was fine with it . . . she also loves to sit and watch it.

I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND LITTERMAID TO ALL PT'ERS!!!! They're really great!
    -christa

Hi Christa - you have me wanting one again!!! What model did you get? Which size??? I have three kitties so am thinking I will need the Deluxe huge one - or maybe the smaller in addition to two regular boxes - at least it would cut down SOME scooping and if they like it, I could get two and be done with scooping!!! They are pretty expensive but well worth it IF they like them

We love ours! It has a few glitches, but for the most part, it's wonderful.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Diggers

I had a friend that got one (I think it was one of the first models) and said it was okay but not great for kitties that dig to China. My boys are avid archeologists so I wonder if it would work for us?
    I LOVE the idea of it scooping when I'm not around during the day!
    Claudia

Originally posted by sirrahbed
    What model did you get? Which size???
    We got the smaller of the two sizes . . . but we just have the one and only Josie (for now). I've heard of people having one for two cats, but I'd say that if it's going to be your only litter box for three, you'd need the deluxe littermaid!!! Two small littermaids would be excellent also! (but i know that's expensive!)

- or maybe the smaller in addition to two regular boxes
    We left Josie's old box beside her new box . . . she never went back to it. I think they like using the clean box.

They are GREAT and I would definitely suggest it!!!
    -christa

Re: Diggers

Originally posted by kitten645
    My boys are avid archeologists so I wonder if it would work for us?
    Claudia
    Well, I wondered the same thing because we originally had one of those HUGE covered litter boxes that held 40 pounds of litter. Josie would dig and dig and dig . . . practically to the bottom. She hasn't had a problem adjusting to the Littermaid though. It's like I said before, we left her old litter box set up for a few days at first and after she used the littermaid for the first time, she never went back to the old box!
    -christa

what do you all know about

Litter Robot? I'm tempted to sink money into it because it's designed to handle multi-cat households (I have 9). Litter maid would clog up by 1pm and probably start a fire! I need to think larger and I don't have room for more than one box. I don't have room for 9 cats either but somehow, we all seem to fit!! (in fact, I just threw Pixie's mouse for her per her request, it hit the hanging pans in the arbor, bounced off the bedroom door, hit the kitchen doorway, and then flew into the bedroom to land under the bed! She thought the PANG! noise on the pan and all the rickishaying noise was great! And of course brought it right to my feet for more!
    anyone try the Robot yet?
    pixie