Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need Prayers Please

I need Prayers Please

I'm going to try to keep this from being to long winded.

My grandmother had a stroke yesterday and I spent the entire day at the hospital as I will again today. We are not sure how much damage was done just yet. She is 96 years old and can run circles around me on any given day. We hope and pray that with some rehab we can get her back up. Her mind is sharp as a tack so that is a good thing. Prayers for her would be very much appreciated.

Now on to the cat situation. Magoo did'nt like that I was gone all day and even though hubby tried to everything routine Magoo was freaked out. By the time I got home last night Magoo was aggitated and aggresive with the other cats. He didn't want anything to do with me either. We had to punish him several times last night. I tried loving him to calm him but he wasn't having any of that. He was running and just acting nuts! We medicated him pretty heavily and nothing helped. He is still a little nuts this morning but not as bad. I'm getting ready to leave again and no telling what time I will get home. The cyst on his eye has doubled in two days and I know we have to get him to the vet but no time right now. I'm scared to death that something is going on in his head. Hopefully I can find the time to get him in tomorrow.
    Do you all think that my being gone has had anything to do with it? Is he maybe picking up on my agitation and nervousness? I don't want anything bad to happen to this boy now. I love him so much!
    Please pray that Magoo is ok and that he will calm down today. He was really freaking me out last night and I keep hearing the shelter vets words that there was the slight chance that the cyst was was sign of a brain tumor. I know Im probably freaked because of all this going with my grandma but I needed to let you all know what was going on. I'm hoping that when I finally get home tonight I can sit down and read this and you guys can help me keep my head on straight. Maybe Magoo was having a bad night. Pray for him please. I need my furry buddy!!
    Thanks for letting me get all this out. I already feel better! And thanks in advance for the prayers that I know you all will send our way.

I'm so sorry to hear of your grandmother, prayers sent your way. These kind of times are not easy. As far as Mr. Magoo, I think there may be more going on than just missing you. I'm sure you being gone added to his stress, but I would get him to the vet ASAP. I know this is a busy/difficult time so maybe you could just drop him off and leave him until you can pick him up. We have to do this at times when hours of work and hours of vet just don't coordinate. Good luck to you with both situations! Please keep us updated.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

We are praying for your Granmother,and for our Pal crappy Magoo! Maybe,it is the Cyst,that is bothering the Poor Fellow! We Love Scrappy Magoo,and hope that the Cat Show Toy,helps!Mabe,the Partee,will help,too!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Prayers for your Grandma and for Mr. Magoo!!! Getting Magoo to the vet is a good thing for sure but I do agree that sometimes stress from hoomans can make things worse on a kitty! Take things one step at a time because the stress isn't good for you either!

*hugs* from across the miles *and crossed paws from Remus*

Speedy prayers are being sent your way. I hope your grandmother recovers quickly. They say that the sharper the mind the better the recovery.....and if she is fiesty, strong willed woman I have a feeling that she will recover.

As far as Magoo is concerned...animals pick up on the stress in our lives probally better than our husbands. I think Magoo especially, because he depends on his other senses so much with being blind that quite possibly he is picking up more than your other ones will....does that make sense. I also think that that bump on his eye could be bothering him..hence his wild behavior. I'm sending a special prayer to Magoo that he will be fine with his eye and that he will calm down a bit.

Please keep us posted on both your grandmother and Magoo. --- Meg

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Lisa,

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Prayers coming your way.

As far as Magoo is concerned, here's MY take on the whole thing. Hospitals have a scent just like Veterinary Hospitals. If you've ever noticed when you bring home one of your cats from the vets, the others get spooked. They can sense when one of them has been in a medical facility (i.e., vet hospital). Trust me, this happens to me all the time. PLUS, it's a full moon out. My cats were playing tag across my bed last night.

Anyway, it COULD be that he could smell the "hospital" scent on you from being with your grandmother for so long, and freaked out, thinking he was going to the vet OR the back to the shelter.

It's just a hunch but...I would suggest before you do anything with Magoo when you get home from the hospital, change your clothes and take a shower. You might also want to make a tape of your voice talking to Magoo, and play it while you're gone.

Good luck honey. You and Magoo are in my thoughts and prayers.

(((((hugs)))))))

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Prayers for your grandmother, you and Mr. Magoo.

As to Magoo..I think he might be in pain, and that is causing him to stress, though, your absence might add to the problem. Once your grandmom is taken care of, I would get Magoo into a vet.

Good luck, and hang in there.

Oh my! Prayers, love, and good thoughts being sent to both your grandmother and Magoo!

When a loved one goes into the hospital, it can definitely through a household out of whack. Magoo's probably just picking up on all the stress going around. And I have to agree that part of it could be the eye bump. Like K&L suggested, you might want to try dropping him off at the vet and then pick him up when it's most convenient for you.

When it rains, it pours.

I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother, sending good thoughts and prayers for her. A stroke is never good thing, but I agree that if she is strong willed that she has a great chance.

I am also sorry to hear about Magoo. I would bet it is the combination of you being upset and gone, and I bet the cyst is bothering him which is just adding to it. It is just an unavoidable bad set of circumatances. Sending prayers for the little guy too.

You need to take care too, as you know it will were on you. So be good to yourself, sending prayers and good kitty thoughts for all.

Please let us know how you are doing when you get a chance.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

CCL, we are sending up some prayers for your grandmother, Magoo and you too!
    "The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched - they must be felt with the heart." ~~ Helen Keller
    ------------------------------------------------
    Chuck (rb) meowmie misses you!

------------------------------------------------

thanks kittycats_delights for the sig!

Prayers on the way for your grandmother, Magoo and you!!

From Decker with Love

(((HUGS))) Lisa!!! I am so sorry that all of this is hitting you at the same time. Prayers for your grandmother ... wow 96 years young is wonderful!!!!

I agree that Magoo is probably not feeling well, since you have noticed the increased size of his bump. Please don't blame yourself in any way ... like your not being home. I just don't think it would have made that big of a deal to him. But I could be wrong.

Prayers and good luck, honey!

Please update us when you can!

Love,
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Will keep good thoughts for Magoo. I agree with others with combo of his cyst problem, plus smell of medical he is out of sorts.

Sorry to read about your grandma.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I am so sorry you are having to deal with this right now. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

CCL, I am so sorry to hear this!!! I hope your grandmother gets well soon. I hope Magoo is OK too. I am sure he's just missing his Meowmie. Thinking of you today!

EDIT: I just reread and saw that you were concerned about his eye...I was so ready to post I must have just skimmed over it! Poor Magoo! Let us know how he is today.
    Last edited by lizzielou742; 08-02-2004 at 03:35 PM.