Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Eccentric?

Getting Eccentric?

My husband & I were laughing last night. We were invited to a Congratulations Happy Hour, and of course went. As we were driving home we said how we almost hate to go anywhere anymore because we enjoy being at home with the cats!! It seems to bother us more being away if we don't at least come home first and check in. Since this Happy Hour was close to work we just went straight there. I think we're becoming eccentric!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I feel that way,too,that I dont want,to roam too far away,from the Hotel.Its a good thing,in a way,that I dont have my own computer,as I would never leave home!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Your not alone! We got stuck in a major traffic jam coming home yesterday and we were running about 45 minutes behind. I was worried about the kitties but didn't want to say anything for fear that hubby would give me the "They will be ok for an hour" lecture. Instead about half way home he says "I bet the cats have eaten all the food and are wondering where we are" Haha! He is as bad as me!!!

I miss my kitties when I don't spend enough time with them. Even if they are just sleeping. I prefer to be at home rather than anywhere else!

LOL! I can relate! When John and I go out, which is not so often anymore, we also "worry" about Fister. If we're out for a long time, he has opened all doors and cupboards in the flat when we get home. Sometimes he sits in the window when we arrive and we wave up to him. Our neighbors must think we're crazy!
    Last edited by Randi; 08-01-2004 at 11:19 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Since I am home most of the time mine are very comfortable with me always being there. If for some reason I am gone for any longer than an hour, all 3 are waiting for me as I walk through the door as if to say "WHERE have you been??!!"

My husband has 7 weeks of vacation time that he needs to use before the end of the year.........you would think that we would have the opportunity to go on a vacation of a lifetime All we really want to do is stay home with the kitties......... No, we aren't eccentric either!
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

WHew!!! I was beginning to worry about myself. Here I am....making excuses why I can't go meet friends and co-workers. They ususally go something like this:

-oh.....I'm just so tired, I had a really long day at work.
    -gee, the laundry has really been piling up on me this week.
    -I absolutely have to sit down and sort bills tonight.
    -I think I saw a great movie coming on T.V.
    -I've just been on the verge of a migrane all day.

....maybe some other time.....

when all I am really doing is scooping litter, and waving feather wands all night

I'm glad I'm not the only one!!

That is why I love it here at PT. I feel like I'm just being normal. It's the rest of the world that's strange!

From Decker with Love

Guilty here too! And so is hubby! He knows that the boys MUST get fed first thing in the morning (as if they'd let us forget if we didn't feed them right away) Feeding them in the mornings is his job, and he takes it seriously. He was out of town for a few weeks this summer and both times, he left us with strict instructions on when and how to feed the boys! Yes, dear, I think I can hadnle feeding them without you around. I must admit I'm just as bad when I'm out of town and give explicit instructions on litter! LOL

Hubby also takes their nap schedules very seriously. today, we were doing some repairwork in my son's room and he moved the bed, and both coys went flying out of the room. He came to me and told me that he disturbed their sleep, and that both boys gave him a dirty look... he was upset about that!!!

Even though I'm new to being owned by a cat, I know what you mean. I worry he's bored while I'm at work, and if I take too long, or run an extra errand, I can't help but want to hurry so I can get home and see him. I know he's fine, It's me that misses him the most.

OMG! I thought it was just me. There was a time that I did not mind going to run errands on the way home from work. Now I just NEED to get home!!!

I am SO at home here This is exactly how I feel!! EXACTLY! I have no desire to go out of town because I miss my kitties. Even this spring when we went to Japan - I mean.... I loved it, but when I lay down to sleep at night - I thought about my babies back home!! When we go out to eat - we usually end up talking about the cats. When I go to the store - I usually bring something home for them. My life does very much revolve around them. I am so glad to know I am not nuts. Well unless we all are

I can really relate to this! When we go on holiday to some sunny or exotic clime, the idea is to have a great time and relax. But what do I do the first few nights? Lay in bed worrying about Fister of course. Is the cat pension OK for him? Is he very sad at being alone and missing us? Are they treating him properly? How long before we're back home and can snuggle up in bed with him again? (I used to count the days!).
    He has always been a very nervous cat and very dependent on us, and he HATES the pensions. But there's no better solution, at least I can comfort myself by thinking that he's better off there than he would be if he was still a feral in his old back yard.
    It's a real problem, I have to force myself not to think about him or ruin my holiday! But luckily I'm getting better at it nowadays.

And as Randi mentioned, the neighbors must consider us a bit odd. I sometimes have long conversations with him up in the window when I get home. But that doesn't matter, the neighbors just don't know how much happiness and love we're getting from our darling Fister. They're just missing out on the magic of having a cat.

"Peace cannot be achieved through violence,
    it can only be attained through understanding."
    Albert Einstein

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Of course I'm not alone here. I worry when I have to work overtime or have an event after work and have to go straight from work to wherever and don't get home until very late. Yesterday, being Saturday, they had me home for a while longer than usual, and then I went to the Eric Clapton concert last night. I was worried that they'd get upset with me being out late. Of course the cats live in the lap of luxury, with their choice of soft beds and ideal kitty sleep spots, warm sunshine during the day and heat at night, fresh food, water and litter always provided, so it's not like they're suffering too much when I'm not around. Besides I know that they mostly sleep when I'm not there, except for those rare bursts of kitty energy when they chase each other or play with toys, but I still worry. When I'm driving home from work, as I get closer to home, I find myself singing silly little songs to them as I anticipate their greetings.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Actually the term eccentric,is for Rich People,when you are Poor,You are CRAZEE!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Originally posted by jazzcat
    That is why I love it here at PT. I feel like I'm just being normal. It's the rest of the world that's strange!
    That's my reaction as well. Even though my office is in my home, and I spend the majority of my time here, I am always eager to *get home* from any function we might attend. Even on holidays which we are fortunate to share at the homes of good friends, the thought does cross my mind occasionally that I might rather be at home with the dogs. So it isn't just the cat side that has the *eccentrics*.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France