Thread: Quadritop Ointment

Hybrid View

Quadritop Ointment

This is actually regarding my dog, but I figured the cat people may know too. My vet gave me Quadritop to apply to Dusty's wound. They said that it is like Neosporin. I know his wound doesn't hurt that bad because he keeps dragging it on my carpet and trying to itch it with his paw. But when I try to put this stuff on, he yelps in pain and won't let me. Does it have a burn to it or something? I know we can hold him down and force it on him, but I don't want to upset him if I don't have to. Any suggestions on an easy way to apply ointment to an animal?

Thank you Wolfie!

I don't have any advice but hopefully someone else will.

Poor Dusty, I hope he's all better soon.

From Decker with Love

It depends,on Thje Cat,as I am trying to help the Maine Coon Visitor,as I think a Dog has taken a small chunk,off his forehead! I did get a bit,of antiseptic,on it,and he didnt care,for it1 And he ios A Big Cat,so I have to be careful!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Tonya, I've never heard of this ointment before, but maybe typing the name into a search engine will give you more insight as to what the ointment does.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I called my vet yesterday and he told me it'd be ok if I didn't apply it for a few days. They just *shudders* scrubbed Dusty's wound on Thursday night, so it's still raw. We're just going to keep it clean and keep him on the antibiotics until it heals a bit. I'll try to apply it again tomorrow.

Thank you Wolfie!

Quadritop is a combination antifungal (nystatin), Antibiotic,(neomycin and thiostrepton) and corticostaroid (triamcinolone in an ointment or cream base for topical use.
    Perscribed for superficial bacterial or fangal infections, inching and minor irritation of the skin and ears.
    It is also known as Panolog, Animax, Derma 4, Dermaagen and Dermavet.

Stella
    Tiny Paws (!?!) ready to walk in and on your heart. They will dig a hole and plant themselves there and grow like weeds wrapping themselves around your heart and soul.

Thank you Stella.

Thank you Wolfie!