Thread: Bragging about my boy! *GOOD behavior*

Bragging about my boy! *GOOD behavior*

i went to the first Thursday market downtown with my sister and my friend Robin, and i decided to bring Gonzo. there was probably over 1000 people there, or it seemed like it, and tons of vendors lined up on the sides and the middle of the streets. kids were running everywhere, there were lots of dogs, and the music was way loud. Gonzo was totally good through out all of it, the only bad behavior he had was jumping up on people who came to see him and kissing their faces! not a very bad behavior though, given how excited and friendly he was. probably 100 kids ran up and pet and/or poked him, most of them without asking, and he just sat and smiled thru it! we met most of the dogs there and the whole time he wagged his tail and was super friendly with all of them.... there was one pit bull (maybe a preso canario?) who was about an inch from biting his ear off when the dumb owner walked right up to us, who obviously knew his dog was dog-agressive because he had a very short training leash and prong collar on and was holding him very close. but Gonzo didnt really care, just stepped back and gave the dog a look like "what the..?". hehe. he is passive like that. when we sat down on the grass to drink our smoothies and eat our caramel apples and watch the band, we met the nicest girl with the most precious blue merle aussie pup named Chloe! Gonzo played with her the whole time we were sitting, he kept rolling over and Chloe would jump on his tummy and do an adorable puppy snarl. it was soooo cute! she owned him. we didnt get pics because i didnt bring my camera, and i had my hands full anyway, so no pics of the fun night. but, we did get the girls number so we can see her and Chloe again and have the doggies play sometime! that puppy was such a doll. i lurve aussies

ok... but, the whole reason this was all so special and made me such a proud mommy is just because of how well Gonzo acted. he has so grown up! he is naturally very sensitive and reserved, and it took a lot from the day we got him to open him up to people and other animals. he has always been so sensitive to motion and sound, that this kind of thing wouldve petrified him a year or two ago. in other words, he is a total border collie but tonight he acted like a lab! one of the ladies who had a vending booth where we bought Gonzo some doggy soap had a sheltie and was lovin Gonzo and talking about BC's and how she had them before, and two little boys came up and Gonzo reached out to them and kisses their hands and they both pet his head. The lady was like "wow... Ive never seen a Border Collie do that before!". it was a very nice moment, you know? done bragging now, but we did have a fun night, and we also got a big baggy of holistic veggie dog cookies for the boy! he loves em and deserves em!

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Good boy Gonzo that is great to hear how well he is doing. Enjoy your treats you deserve them.

aw, thanks Clover! Gonzo sends kisses to you guys in aus

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Such a GOOD BOY!

----<---<--<{(@

Wow, Gonzo was acting like a good boy! My border collie, Blazer is pretty reserved with strangers also, and hasn't gotten over that fear yet...though he loves kids. I'll be happy the day he does, since he's so smart! How old is Gonzo? Blaze is 2 1/2, he'll be 3 in December. In the meantime, I also LOVE bragging about him...he's SOOO smart, and most people that meet him fall in love with him, even his enemies for the most part!! (hehe) He loves his border collie neighbor, Mickey too, but all Mickey wants to do is steal Blaze's toys. (nice) But they do like to "play through the fence." Don't you love border collies? I'd have nothing but!! Havea happy day Gonzo! Blaze says hi from Kentucky!

~KT and Blazer~
    Attached Images Attached Images