Thread: The kitten and the Drive Thru.. (a little long )

The kitten and the Drive Thru.. (a little long )

My co-worker told me this morning about a little adventure she had last night when she stopped at the McDonald's drive-thru to bring home some shakes for her sons and her hubby. She had the radio on softly and thought she heard a "meow" in the song. After a minute or two the man in the car behind her said "don't move, you have a kitten under your car." She got out and the two of them tried to coax little kitty out but to no avail. Her shakes were handed to her through the window and the man told her to slowly move the car while he watched and he would tell her if kitty was making any moves. She started ever so slowly and the man said "Oh no, kitty is up in your wheel well." Sure enough little kitty had jumped on top of her tire and was now sitting up in the wheel well. My co-worker was obviously not going anywhere soon.

By now a line had formed behind her. People were walking up to the drive thru window and taking their orders and then backing up and leaving. Meanwhile my co-worker and the man kept trying to coax little kitty out with fries. Apparently the kitty was very smart and knew they weren't good for him/her and was not impressed. At any rate, kitty wasn't falling for it. The man assured my co-worker that he really wanted to take kitty home and he was determined to rescue him/her. Finally one of the fries struck little kitty and he/she fled across the parking lot with the man running close behind. (He had claimed his meal and had parked his car elsewhere in the parking lot). My co-worker wished him good luck and headed home. I told her now I have to worry about that poor little kitty since we will never know how the story ended. I do hope the man was able to catch him/her and somehow I think a fitting name for this little sweetie might be McDonald.

What a wonderful man. I sure hope he was able to get the kitty. And I hope someone stopped to help him. I can't tell you how many times I've been crying on the side of the road trying to catch an animal and NO ONE ever stops to help!!!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

That is wonderful. It's nice to know that there are good people still out there.

Thank you Wolfie!

Thank you for that sweet story Pam!!

Yes, that was a sweet, happy story. I hope he names the kitty Little Mac.

Originally posted by aly
    What a wonderful man. I sure hope he was able to get the kitty. And I hope someone stopped to help him. I can't tell you how many times I've been crying on the side of the road trying to catch an animal and NO ONE ever stops to help!!!
    That is so true Aly. Several months ago, when I was still working for the veterinary hospital, I got in my car at lunchtime to go home, and noticed cars swerving all over the road. Nobody stopped to help.
    There was a little chihuahua mix dog just strolling along in the road. I immediately backed up, parked my car and got out. I literally had to stand in the road with my hands up *STOP!!!* for some of these idiots that aren't even paying attention. Luckily, my co-worker and my vet were coming out to lunch and noticed that I needed some assistance and we were able to safely capture the dog.

What a neat story Pam. I'm sure he got the kitty out. That is so sweet! I think McDonald would be a great name! I wonder what happend after that??!!

That was so kind,of that Wonderful Gentleman,to help that Kitten,and we too Pray,that the Little One was All Right!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What a great story Pam! I'm sure the guy finally got the little kitten, it sounds like he was pretty persistent. And what's with all these people going through McDonalds getting their food and moving on, couldn't they have stopped to help for a minute? I suppose their food would have gotten cold then.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl