Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How did you name your dog?

Dale was named after Dale Earnhart Jr. (my hubby's fave NASCAR driver) He has Dale Earnhart toys, leashes, collars...you name it And it fits him

Cats:

Dandylion , i just thought sounded pretty and I liked Dandy for short.

Guinness was adopted near St. Patty's day, and he is black (and Guinness is a dark colored, irish beer)...

i was gonna start the exact same thread... i always wondered about a lot of the PT dogs, especially Di's doggies. MacSeshy is one of my favorites

Gonzo had already been named when we got him from his breeder at 5 months, and he had gotten used to the name. i'm pretty sure he was named after his daddy, Fozzy, after the muppet lol. i *hated* the name Gonzo and tried changing it, first to Archie for a couple months, then to Rocco for a long time... but my family would always call him Gonzo and he responds to it well, so i just gave in. he is also registered under Gonzo and his flyball people know him that way. ive gotten used to it, and i guess it suits him cos he can be pretty insane sometimes! -g-

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

I named my mastiff Sampson because my sister named her basset Delilah and the names just fit.

Sampson

Delilah

Jane from a drama women in a show
    Maggie from a dog in a great old show
    Ella: Entellegent Loving Lovely Ant-licker
    Ann: Anti-lover Naughty Not horror

LOL. That's my dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread makes me sad. I mean reading it from the beginning and reliving dogs that are gone.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Cody got his name because when I read that Kathy Lee Griffith name her son Cody, I thought that sounded like a good name for a dog.
    Our Logan from PT was one of the first people I met and started a friendship with and I admired all she does, so I always said my next dog, in her honor, would be named "Logan". It fits her too..she's just as wonderful, smart and sweet.

I've been Boooo'd!

We had a Disney theme going for awhile with my parents pets, but they all passed on.

But our more current pets... I don't like "pet pet" names, I like thinking of my pets as family members, not just pets, so I give them "human" names. Hence Jamie, Charlie, Molly, Nicole, Allie, etc.

facebook

Mackenzie- who knows, I guess we just liked the name... =P

Muffin- Once we decided to adopt her and she wasn't responding to the name "Lolly", we were just calling out random names to her... and when we shouted, "Muffin," she immediately turned and ran to us.

Zeus- I wanted a name that would match his I'm-tough-even-though-I'm-the-littlest-dog-in-the-family attitude. =P (He's the alpha of our dogs... hah)

I've done one of these before

Jillian is because my ex and I wanted another J name, when we lived in germany with our last dal Joyce. the way the J is pronounced in german made it funny and something to talk about at the bar, most people meeting Joyce the first time though it was "Yeorge?.... Ggeorge?...." since Jillian's is my favorite bar in america, I named Jillian - Jillian. ((promise shes not an alocholic doggie, just a hoggie doggie, and a wee bit psycho))

Frankie was already named by his last owners, but it does match him very well.

I just love this thread, no matter how many times it goes around.

Maggy was named after a player on the Chicago White Sox, Magglio Ordonez aka Mags. She was very good at catching pop flies with her ball at a very young age, around 9-10 weeks. My hubby's cousin saw her catch the ball once and said "she's as good as Mags!" Hence Maggy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

I named Bella Bella because she was sooo beautiful

Omar was named after Omar Epps haha

The two dogs I have now....

Chico was named Chico just because I always wanted a dog named chico hehe

I named Guapo Guapo because he was soooo cute when he was a pup and I knew he was going to grow up to be very handsome (Guapo means handsome in spanish)

Rocoe came with his name. We kept it because hubby and I really like it and are both Dukes of Hazzard fans He slready really knew his name too, so I probably wouldn't have changed it anyway.

from the other thread:
    Niño's (pronounced Neenyo) "name" was Nino. (pronounced Neeno) We suspect that at the shelter they were asking the previous owners (an eldery hispanic lady and her adult daughter) what his name was and they thought they were asking them what gender, so they replied "little boy". I liked the name but changed it to Niño.
    Clark is a "super dog" and Layla was named Lady at first. My mom had a golden named Lady before, so I wanted to change it to Delylah, and she said it was too long, so I said I would call her Dilly for short, my mom didn't like it so she suggested Liela, which I absolutly hate as a name, but I loved Layla. My stepdad used to sing her the song.

Niño & Eliza

Well, I always liked the name Blaze, and "Blaze" was named for that reason mostly, but also because he has a blaze on his face, and is a blaze of energy!!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

Tasha: I loved the name and I had planned, if I adopted a little girl, to name her Tasha if I thought the name would fit. When I found my little girl at the pound, I knew she was my Tasha! .

Tommy: Was named when we got him, but we left the name as he knew it and it seemed to fit him. The neighbor who helped convince his first family to give him up says the son told him he was named after the movie Tommy Boy (with Chris Farley).
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge