Thread: Love Licks or Salt Licks?

Love Licks or Salt Licks?

My big orange and white boy, Bo, loves to lick me - arms, fingers, legs, and (tee hee) toes! They're not long, extended grooming licks but sweet, gentle, short licks. This started several months ago with just a few slurps, but now I probably get around 200-300 tongue caresses a day, (those are individual licks - not 300 licking sessions! I wouldn't have any skin left, if that was the case!)

I've heard that cats will lick humans for the salt from their skin, but Bo's licks seem more like kisses than a need for salt. Besides, he'll often lick right after I've had a shower so my skin is clean and salt-free. What do y'all think? Is Bo giving me love licks or salt licks?? (Please don't just tell me what I want to hear - I'd really like to know what's behind Bo's oral fixation.)

hmmm...I do not have an answer but I also have a licker! It is my Dylan and it began fairly recently - the last several months. I think it is something good because he has also become more affectionate and allowed a few belly rubs. He will give me maybe 4 or five little licks and then snuggle down and repeat this maybe 2 or three times a day - so not as often as your Bo. I think they are kisses

"Love Licks*...

Boots, da Kat, does his "luvin" in the Bathroom...

Whenever I'm "lightly clothed", he'll deliver headbutts,
    rubs, and Luv Licks from the knees down...

But, with a *twist*

I get anywhere from 6 to a dozen nice *LICKS*...
    followed by a quick cocking of his head...
    and then...

*WHAM* ...
    A very TOOTHY, *SHARP*, PAINful Luv BITE

delivered to whatever body part (often a poor, defenseless TOE)
    that he wast just so affectionately *kissing*!

Katz - Gotta Luv em - If you don't Bleed-to-Death first!

/s/ Man-Servant to Boots, da Kat
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

I know taht The Found Cats lick me,for Love,or in that JJJ3,for Whiskas Temptations!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Whenever I put lotion on, Chuck won't leave me alone! He will come up and lick my leg or arm, even my face! I think he thinks I'm dirty and trying to clean me up. If he is grooming, and I come up to give him a kiss, he will always give my face a little lick, like a kiss. I love that!
    "The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched - they must be felt with the heart." ~~ Helen Keller
    ------------------------------------------------
    Chuck (rb) meowmie misses you!

thanks kittycats_delights for the sig!

To add another to the list of lickers, my Kunan will spend 15 minutes, any time of the day, cleaning my fingers and my hand in general. I was thinking it has something to do with the "salt" but maybe not? He is a long hair cat (or atleast he was until last weekend when he got his summer hairdo) but are the others long or short hairs? Just kind of curious....

My licking Dylan is long haired...

Chuckie has long hair too.
    "The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or touched - they must be felt with the heart." ~~ Helen Keller
    Chuck (rb) meowmie misses you!

thanks kittycats_delights for the sig!