Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any suggestions on an achy tooth?

Any suggestions on an achy tooth?

I've only had one cavity in my life, and that stupid filling fell out. The dentist can't get me in for a few days and it hurts. I hope they'll fix it when I'm pregnant. I can't drink anything. Is there anything that I can do to ease the pain?

Thank you Wolfie!

Hmmm, I'm not sure, maybe take an advil or something. I remember one time I had a cavity, but the dentist wouldn't fill it because he said it would fall out soon. A year later, it was still in and hurt soooo bad. I hate dentists

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

I swish warm water with aspirin around my mouth and then swallow - it helps the localised pain. Can you take aspirin if you're pregnant?
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Ambusol (or the drug-store version of it). It's that numby stuff the dentists use.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Ice usually works for me. I have some little gel ice packs and I just hold it up to my cheek and it does make a difference.

Also, where is the pain? If its one of the first molars on the upper jaw, it could actually be a sinus infection. I have one tooth that KILLS me when I have a sinus infection. This is a common time of year for that sort of thing. You'd need a dose of antibiotics to cure that - could you see if the doctor could get you in sooner than the dentist if the pain is in the upper molar just to make sure its not a sinus infection?

I sure hope you get in soon to the Dentist Tonya, toothache is one of the hellish pains ever, I am not sure if heat or ice is best, try both, maybe a nice warm wheatpack, not too hot, I get lots of neurelgia pain in my face and that is what I do, if it were sinus problems that would help too.

GOOD LUCK, and I hope you donot have to suffer much longer. Thinking of you.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

It's that raw root feeling. I'm not letting anything cold come near me! Cold stuff hurts so bad! I'm positive that my filling came out. I can feel it and it's the exact tooth that they filled. I'm going to swish the aspirin around in my mouth and do the ambesol. Thank you.

Thank you Wolfie!

Tonya, if your filling fell out, then the nerve is probably exposed to the air and that is why it is so painful.
    This happened to me also and I couldn't see my dentist for a few days. My dentist told my to get a cotton ball and take a piece of it, just enough to pack the tooth with and this will stop the air from getting to the nerve. I did it and by the next day I had no more pain.
    Good luck in whatever you decide to do, cause nothing is worse than a throbbing toothache.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

You should try to see your dentist asap. I've undergone dental surgery last May because of my bothersome wisdom tooth. The pain is unbearable. My dentist have applied Eugenol inside the cavity then press with cotton ball. Premedication with antibiotics is also needed.

Advil works well. Since you are pregnant, you have to consult for proper drug prescription.

Hope it all goes well.
    Vegeta5, Tictic, Pee-chan, Selphie and Kenshin

"In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats." ~ English Proverbs

Tonya, check with your OB/GYN before doing anything, especially the aspirin. Even if you don't swallow, your mouth will still absorb it. I don't think you can take aspirin while you're pregnant. (at least that's what I've been told.) I was told I could take ibuprofin (sp?) but not in the third trimester and Tylenol through the whole pregnancy. Good luck and, remember, the pain is only temporary.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

Tonya, there is a toothpaste called Sensidyne (at least I think that is the spelling).

However, if it is the root causing the problem this will not be enough.

Good luck, I recall thinking having my head removed would be fine with me after my last toothache bout.

My sister used some kind of wax stuff to fill her tooth until the dentist could get her in either the dentist gave it to her or she got it at a drug store I can't remember but it helped
    Katiesmom(Crystal)

I called my dentist and let them know I am pregnant. They said that they will not work on me without a doctor's clearance. I called my doctor, and she said she will not give a doctor's clearance without knowing what they are doing to me. So, I called my dentist back, and they said they will not look at me to decide what they are doing to me until they have a doctors clearance. So, I called my doctor back and told her that they won't look at me to let her know what they are doing until she clears me. And she said to call them back and tell them she won't clear me until she knows what they are going to do to me. Yay.

Thank you Wolfie!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Originally posted by Tonya
    I called my dentist and let them know I am pregnant. They said that they will not work on me without a doctor's clearance. I called my doctor, and she said she will not give a doctor's clearance without knowing what they are doing to me. So, I called my dentist back, and they said they will not look at me to decide what they are doing to me until they have a doctors clearance. So, I called my doctor back and told her that they won't look at me to let her know what they are doing until she clears me. And she said to call them back and tell them she won't clear me until she knows what they are going to do to me. Yay.
    AGH! I'd have the two offices talk to each other directly -- what a run-around!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Go to the drug store and look for a temporary filling repair kit.
    It has a clay like putty you can jam into the space until you get the dentist and the doctor to agree....

Oil of cloves works well too.....
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.