Thread: Someone PLEASE explain....

Someone PLEASE explain....

William Hung to me.....

I don't get it. How did this little no-talent, ugly-as-sin Asian guy manage to drag himself to fame??? I personally think he's the most irritating person I've ever seen. And I can't believe people have fed into his delusion! over 300,000 records sold!!! I sing better than he does, and I don't even have a record! Maybe it's just me, and I hate to offend any William Hung fans out there.... but good grief! When will the madness end???
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

Well I don't think he's ugly, and I think he has a very, very sweet personality. I think he's been exploited in a terrible way and I feel bad for the guy because its all a big joke.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

i saw that too`

Some people say that he is a comedy singer but I don't think so he is soo annoying how can he be a singer and he is just copying songs I don't get that and also I just heard on tv too.

Thank You Popcornbird for the wonderful siggy!

On my honor I will try to serve dogs in my country, to help dogs at all times, and to live by the Dog Scout Law.
    I will do my best to be honest and fair to dogs, friendly and helpful to dogs, considerate and caring to dogs, courageouss and strong to dogs, responsible for what I say and do to dogs, and to respect myself and other dogs, respect authority, use resources wisely, make the world a better place, and be a sister to every Dog Scout.
    -Dog Scouts

Who is William Hung? LOL

Bad artists.. especially new ones are generally there for split seconds and then gone and forgotten by the masses..

Don't feel so bad.. You have my best wishes on making an album. Good Luck with it.

Who is William Hung?
    He was an American Idol reject, he is I think the worst person to ever audition for the show. However when people saw his audition tape they found it so funny that he was offered a recording contract.

I don't think I'd ever buy his CD, I just can't see myself ever listening to it. However I do enjoy seeing him occasionally on t.v. I always crack up when I hear him sing.

Well I don't think he's ugly, and I think he has a very, very sweet personality. I think he's been exploited in a terrible way and I feel bad for the guy because its all a big joke.
    I agree with you that he seems like a very sweet person. When I first saw him audition for American Idol I felt bad for him. Then he was given the recording contract and I stopped feeling sorry for him. He chose to accept this contract, knowing that it was for his lack of talent. He's a very smart guy, I believe he's an MIT student. He's been given a good amount of money, gotten to travel all over the US to appear on various tv shows and he's semi-famous. These are things many people dream about and he has it now. I think he's a nice guy with no talent and has a good sense of humor about himself.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

i agree w/fallon

I dont have a problem with him as a person but I do think its ridiculous how hyped up he is. Im sure the whole William Hung thing wont last forever.
    ~Your best friend doesn't have to be human~

I thought it was funny for the first 3 times I saw him on Idol... then it got old.

My husband is a teacher and last year mentioned William Hung to his class. They were talking about thinking for yourself.. not follow other etc. He used the example of William Hung. He asked the kids who bought the CD. About 5 of them raised their hands. He asked them, "Is it any good." they all said, no, but it was funny though. He relied, "so you spent $15 on a CD you've listened to three, maybe four times. Now its annoying, right?" They all nodded. He asked, "Why did you buy it?" None of the kids could offer a reason other than, "it looked cool"

"How," he asked "could a bad singer look cool? he's not handsome, can't dance, can't sing. There's nothing that would entice you to buy it." None of the kids could say WHY. By this point the kids who bought the CD are trying to hide under the desk because the rest of the class is laughing at them. He said, "this proves my point. If it wasn't for all of the hype, you'd have never ever bought this CD. You didn't decide for yourself whether this CD would be good. The music executives decided for you... and you followed like little sheep.. baa baa baa" Then he asked the class if they felt better having bought the CD or if they felt better knowing they didn't fall under the spell of the music execs. They all agreed that not buying the CD was better, and they hopefully got the message that its always better to think for themselves.

Either way:
    I am very surprised he's still getting his 15 minutes of fame.

I am kind of confused with all of this. I've watched American Idol before and I have to say that I've seen MANY people that are much worse singers and are more entertaining than him. So why did HE get a recording deal and not the others? I don't think he's the most entertaining one out of all the contestants.
    I feel bad for him...and I also agree that he seems to be very sweet.
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

He doesn't really annoy me, but I guess that is because I never watch TV. I have never once seen him perform. I just think of him as another Wierd Al.

Originally posted by aly
    I agree. I think it is sad that this guy is being exploited like this. He must know what he is getting himself into though. My husband's co-worker's sons (follow that? ) go to school at Berkeley. They said that girls follow him everywhere now and that he gets all kinds of beautiful girlfriends. I think it's so shallow and annoying that these girls would never normally give him the time of day, but now that he's "rich and famous", they're all over him.

*edit* I agree with most of your comment. I know it's mean, but I think he is ugly too.
    Last edited by Tonya; 07-26-2004 at 11:19 AM.

Thank you Wolfie!

Well, I don't think he's attractive, but, I don't think he's ugly, either. Just seeing the word gives me a weird feeling, for some reason. I don't know....but, as far as girls being all over him, that's just the nature of the beast. But, I know for myself, talent can be far more attractive than the physical shell around it (and, I'm not saying I think William can sing, cuz he can't, but, neither can Britney Spears in my opinion). But, for a lot of people, being famous and/or rich is all the reason they need to be all over someone. There are a lot of famous guys in music that wouldn't get laid if it weren't for the fact that they're either talented, rich, and/or famous. I mean, if you are attracted to something positive and substantial (like someone's intelligence or talent) then I say go for it, even if the person's not the most physically beautiful person. it's when people are attracted to superficial things, like the fame or the money, that's when I think it sucks for everyone involved. And, that's all it is with William Hung. But, honestly, I was surprised to see his name on this site, it seems like he's already disappearing from the scene. He does seem like a really sweet, albeit delusional, guy, though. And, to quote Pulp Fiction, "personality goes a long way."

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer