Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What an AWESOME post made to a forum!!!! Please read!

Yep, thanks for being a jerk cause I got the most wonderful furry family members thanks to your stupidity, kind of thank you!
    I am sure this is not fair to all kitties. There may be some that ran away from home or got lost while the owners searched in every way possible. For everyone there are things that happen in life that you could not foresee and for whatever reason you had to give up your pet. To those who did their best to rehome or take them to a no kill shelter I would never hold a grudge. Life can throw some serious curveballs but as we all know this is a small percentage in comparison to the overall figures of uncaring idiots!
    I just couldn't bring myself to say thanks even in a sarcastic manner!! Oh, that is so unlike me!

Originally posted by catcrazylady
    I just couldn't bring myself to say thanks even in a sarcastic manner!! Oh, that is so unlike me!
    I can't speak for the rest that have posted in this thread . . . but I WASN'T being sarcastic when I thanked these people for bringing Josie to the shelter. I WAS SERIOUS . . . I really appreciate them being responsible, and bringing her there. If they hadn't, I would never know what I would have been missing. She's been a life saver to me at times . . . she really lifts my spirits when I'm feeling down, and I AM grateful for her original owners.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Yup.... you can take it as a backhanded comment. Or you can take it as a sincere thank you.

I honestly meant to thank the people who made my boys come to me! I think it depends on their bakgrounds. If a cat was well taken care of before it found its way to you, then you can thank the people for loving them until the cats found their way to you. But if the cat was abused and then left because they didn't care about the cats, then slap that sarcastic 'thank you' on them!

While the people who gave up my kitties before I had them aren't my most favorite, I do have to have some respect for Micah's breeder. At least she took him to a Humane Society when she knew her breeding was getting too much. I don't know what I'd ever do without that cat...he's my angel.

With the exception of Livvy, all my other cats were babies when we got them.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Yes, it can definitely be taken both ways. Every case is different I know many animals end up in shelters because they got lost or an owner died or even sadder, as is happening more and more, their owners are in the service.

From Decker with Love

OK, I do NOT thank those who dumped my pets, but I DO thank those who cared for them until they came to me - how's that?

That works for me Debbie! I do thank the people who at least take their pets to the no kill shelters so they stand a chance to make people like us so happy!
    It has just been my unfortunate experience to have throw aways or abandoned kitties. I guess thats why I'm bitter about people. I have had to work really hard to build trust and help all my kitties overcome their fears because they were feral due to somebodies negligence. They will never be friendly to visitors and they will never know love outside of me and hubby. It hurts me for them that they feel this way.

I do suppose that most of it depends on how and where you got your kitty. Between the shelter and what I have had to view from my own front porch has made me a bitter old woman!

I can't imagine what I would do without my babies though! I am grateful everyday that I have each and every one of them.

I can't even sarcastically thank the moron who dumped Remus and his brother on the side of the road . I CAN thank the good person who found them and took them to our no-kill shelter! I think the both of them were there about a week before they got adopted out . *I found Remus before his quarantine period was up and another lady was looking really hard at his brother at the same time, I do hope she adopted him!* A pair of loving, sweet kittens got another chance because someone decided to stop for a second and care, and for that I really am greatful!!!

My big, sweet, mellow boy, Bo came from the local SPCA. I did go back several months after I got him and asked if it was possible to find out who had him first (I got him when he was about 8 weeks old.) The answer, as I expected, was NO. But the thing was, Bo has such a laid back. friendly personality - it was obvious that whoever was his "birth family" gave him some lovin'. And they loved him enough to take him to the SPCA where I could find him. LUCKY BO AND LUCKY ME!! I just wanted to thank Bo's first family - I wish they could know how very much I love him.