Thread: Torti hairlines

Torti hairlines

OK, does anyone know why so many Torti's have a sharp division in their color pattern between right and left? It is if one side of their bodies got colored by someone different than the other side of their body. Tabby and most other cats appear symetrical but seldom, if ever, the Torti.

Hi Nephnurse, welcome to PetTalk.

Perhaps the kitty assembly line stopped for lunch between painting sides? Or the purchasing department forgot to get colors from the same lot number? There are lots of mysteries about that ol' kitty factory!

For what its worth, I have 2 tabbies. One is very symetrical. The other looks like his "sleeves" are rolled up, but only on one side. Either way, they are the colors of love!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

My old guy Zebo, at the bridge, was a gray and black tabby. He had a very wide black stripe down his back. He was also a very large cat. My mom used to say that when he was on the kitty assembly line getting his stripes painted on, they got tired and just finished up with a big swipe down his back!

But, seriously, I have noticed that about callies and torties, mostly torties. I had a tortie point with one side of her face like any other siamese and the other side all speckled like a tortie, and it was a perfect line. I call them "half-and-half faces".