Thread: Kitten Introductions

Kitten Introductions

I recently introduced my Ken to my resident cats Pee-chan and Selphie.

Ken's Intro to Pee-chan and Selphie

I didn't have much problems with Pee-chan dealing with Ken. But my Selphie is giving Ken a hard time.

Ken didn't have much trouble adjusting in our home until this evening.

This is Ken's 10th day here. I thought my intro of Ken to Selphie is doing progress. Ken can approach Selphie, but not too close or she'll hiss and growl.

Not less than 2 hours ago, Selphie attacked Ken viciously when the latter is playing alone in one corner of the living room! OMG, I was shocked because all this day I thought all is well, Selphie didn't hiss and growl. I was confused, Bong grabbed Ken and I grabbed Selphie. I brought Ken inside our bedroom again.

The first thing Ken did when we get to the bedroom is hide from me. Which is very unusual because this kitten is very friendly, approaches me everytime and very affectionate. He was growling at me and avoiding my touch.

After 15 minutes of waiting, I was able to lure Ken out. He sat on my lap, purring. Purring not because he's happy. I checked for scratches or wounds. He is wincing whenever I touch his left hindfoot. But there is none (or not yet visible?)

Then I noticed his left eye, blinking. I checked it and I cried seing a little scratch on the surface of his iris. I tried calling my vet but she's out of reach and have to wait until morning. (it's 1am here)

Ken was hiding and purring (not the contented ones). He ate his dinner, drank a lot but he refuses to get out of the bedroom. He also doesn't want to be held for long...

I've never seen Selphie act like this before. Any advise? Selphie is very irritable with Ken. I'm getting really stressed with their spats.

I'll be bringing Ken to the vet tomorrow and hope for the best on that scratch in his eye. He is so afraid, always hiding and never let me cuddle him.

Selphie on the other hand have been pacing back and forth wherever Ken is, waiting for him (to beat him?). Before this incident, it is Ken who always follow Selphie.

I tried my best not to make her feel jealous, give her lots of attention before playing with Ken. I supervise the two of them until this thing happened.
    Vegeta5, Tictic, Pee-chan, Selphie and Kenshin

"In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats." ~ English Proverbs

oh my god... this is so sad!
    please tell me what happened to his eye??
    how are things going so far?
    Thanks for all your help,
    C