Thread: My Totally Awesome Day!

My Totally Awesome Day!

Yesterday was great! Best birthday I've had in AGES! That morning, Bella told me to come to work with her since she was going to be first cut and she'd only be there an hour or so, then we could grab some lunch. She works at Ventana canyon Resort, a 5 Star/5 Diamond Resort here in Tucson. So I get dressed, and we head on up there. After about 15 minutes, Bella tells me to follow her while she moves her truck. She leads me into the spa area and says, "They'll be babysitting you for the next couple hours. Happy Birthday, love!" I just stood there with my jaw dropped.

Over the next few hours I had an AWESOME aromatherapy Swedish Massage, by a very large blonde woman who should have been named Helga. hehe Then I got a pedicure and a haircut. It was so great!

Afterwords, I got to try venison nachos over at the restaurant Bella works at. good stuff!

Now, I knew we were going to dinner, but I didn't know where. Bella kept everything but dancing a secret. All her co-workers knew and all, but I hadn't a clue. So, Josey, one of her co-workers, is talking to me and she comes up and says, "So, you guys are going to the Melting Pot for dinner?" I looked at her and said, "We are??" The look on her face was priceless! She was horrified! "Oh my god.. don't tell her I told you.. she'll kill me." I busted a gut laughing! We all gave her a hard time after that. Poor girl.

Came home, took a nap, went to dinner. The Melting Pot is a fondue place. OMG!!! **drooooooool** Anyone who likes fondue, come visit me! We'll do dinner! We ordered a 3 course meal, then dessert. First course was a cheese fondue. To DIE for! Then a salad. Entre was a pacific rim thing. Pork, chicken, duck, shrimp and beef, plus potstickers and veggies. You dump them into a boiling, seasoned broth until cooked, fish them out and chow down. Soooooo gooooooood!! Then dessert..... Chocolate lovers, beware... this could push you over the edge! Dark chocolate 'smores. Melted dark chocolate, marhsmallow creme, flambeed to toast the marshmallow, then graham cracker bits are tossed in. They bring you a plate of strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, pound cake, brownies, cheese cake and graham crackers to dip in. Absolute HEAVEN!!! I had to be rolled out of the restaurant.

Then we met Laura (UABassoon) and her gf at the Biz for drinks and dancing. That was fun, I don't get to see them much these days. They gave me a much needed PetsMart gift card. hehehe

All in all, it was a great day! Thank you, everyone, for all your b'day wishes! I really appreciate it!
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

I'm glad you had a good day!!

You've got my mouth watering talking about those s'mores and fondues Sounds delicious!!

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

I'm so jealous!!!! A day of pampering followed up by a fabulous dinner? Wow! Lucky you! Happy Birthday, you deserved it!

Sounds like a wonderful day! And we have a Melting Pot in Orlando. Makes me want to go there right now! I've never been to one before. If you ever go to Applebees, be sure and try the choclate bundt cake and ice cream. It's really tasty.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Wow what a great Birthday you had , i am so glad you had a good time.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

That is an awesome birthday! Bella is so thoughtful. Happy belated birthday.

Thank you Wolfie!